Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cheese Crusted 7-Bone

rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
edited 3:44AM in EggHead Forum
Merry x-mas to all and I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!! This is our traditional Prime rib,it is crusted w/Clearmans Cheese butter spread and seasoned w/Snyders Prime rib rub.
001-55.jpg
003-65.jpg
Spread it thick and make a crust
004-61.jpg
Ready for the Xl
005-49.jpg
20 min at 475 raised w/ platesetterin and drip pan
007-51.jpg
cooked at 325 untilit reached 118
011-27.jpg
012-25.jpg
Forschner doing it's business
013-22.jpg
No small portions in our house!
Servedw/ sauteed shrooms,baked taters and some wonderful butterhorns made by wifey.
Merry X-mas!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE

Comments

• Dale,

Can I please have that cutting board? Beautiful job man!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Steve we like our meat with some move to it and it did'nt dissapoint!!It was tasty and served with a nice big Cab went perfect.Have a great holiday!!

DALE
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow Dale, that looks amazing! Delicious I am sure. Merry Christmas to you and your family. We'll see you in April at the fest in San Diego.
  • dale looks perfect i never thought about northwoods s butter i gotta try that merry x mas
    You bet Teresa ,I hope your holidays were all good .I will see you in April.

DALE
    Hi Rick,hope your holidays were good ones!The cheese is a perfect crust for the meat,I have been doing all my Prime's this way foe about 5 years and my wife does not let me change it.

DALE
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Looks PERFECT to me. :)
  • I really wish I could "favorite" this post because it looks REALLY good. I live in Georgia, does Clearman's ship?

F-A
    Evans, GA; 1 Lg BGE & Table, 1 Md BGE, I Mini BGE