Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fiesta Bowl Tailgate Ribs HELP

Seidegger
Seidegger Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mission/Challenge: Cook RIBS for 16 people for January 1st 2:00PM tailgate lunch. People would prefer beef & pork ribs. Can't cook onsite.

Questions: What type of beef and pork ribs should I cook? How many slabs/ribs? Do I cook them all the day before and cool? Any good recipes? Tips? Warnings?

I have a large egg. I was figuring I would smoke them low and slow, put in fridge, reheat at game and sauce on gas grill (no charcoal allowed in fiesta bowl parking lot)

As always, thank you so much in advance for your help!

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    i do spare ribs trimmed to st.louis style, you can cook them to near done,when i say near done, i pretty much mean done, but i include sauce time when i cook mine, so this is when i take them off to take some where. wrap in foil and put in the fridge, then take them to your tailgate party, leave them in the foil and sauce them, heat them until warm/hot, then take of the foil and put over direct heat with more sauce to firm it up a bit. Goodluck, sounds fun! Beef ribs, well i dont do much of them, i havent egged any, just have crock potted them, in love with st.louis style i guess. :cheer:
  • I vote for Baby Backs myself.

I do at 275 using 311 method. 3 hrs indirect spritzing w/apple juice and vinegar. 1 hour wrapped in foil w/some liquid (I use worsteshire & broth) @325, 1 hr indirect again @325... then if they are done (i.e. falling off bone) I put on sauce and continue 15min..

I love Baby Backs!!