Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firebox "Hole"

Options
eggboiler
eggboiler Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rookie Question! Have seen a lot of posts on lining up the firebox "hole" with the lower vent. Currently, the slit/crack that's built in to the firebox is lined up with the lower vent on my egg (I bought mine used and this is how it came to me). Should I realign so that one of the 3 firebox holes is lined up with the lower vent? As of yet, I haven't had the need for high temp cooks so I haven't experienced whether or not this will hinder higher temps.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The "hole" in question is not a hole. Please turn your fire box so the large lower opening in the fire box is open towards the open vent in the Egg base. The small round holes do not count.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • eggboiler
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Actually, just went and pulled everything out and realized it was indeed lined up correctly. I was looking more for a hole when I didn't realize it was more of an opening that was already aligned.