Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Interesting chicken video

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This will make you think twice next time you eat chicken. -RP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_pyeyzHx8

Comments

• Shwiezzee
    Options
    Wow! Good Post,

About 2 years ago we made a real effort to buy all beef/ chicken and veg from local small producers.

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    yes...

like AZRP a couple of years ago we made a concious effort to start buying from local organic producers.
    first local, then provincial, then national.

there is a guy we buy from in kanata (for the local folks) great butcher (darvish). there is a distinct difference in the taste, colour and texture of the chicken we buy from him, vs. the chicken we buy in the grocery store.
    context is important :)
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... like the others we too have switched to local sources. It costs a bit more, but not only do we get better products, it tastes so much better too. I was not terribly surprised at the difference in meat, but when I baked my first organic potato I was blown away by the difference in flavor. I know... I was amazed too.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com