Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The One That Got Away:

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was invited to a Father Son Camp Out Fishing Tournament last week from Jupiter Jim and Jim Anderson with his son JR another fellow Egghead. What a great time we all had. They took me out on Jupiter Jim's boat salt water fishing for the first time in my life.

It was awesome fishing in salt water until we went outside of the inlet where the waves were a little to much for me. HA HA Now I wont tell you about the one that got away but it was fun.

100_0966.jpg
The two Jim's getting the Eggs going.
100_0975.jpg
Aww Breakfast.
100_0970.jpg
Pulled Pork cook.
100_0967.jpg
New Camp Chef Stove, Idea from Bubba Tim when I used his at the Mini Fest. Had to get one.
100_0972.jpg
The camp, some call us the Red Neck Camp.
100_0979.jpg
Jim's Pulled Pork Pizza. Ummmmmm so good.
100_0980.jpg

100_0974.jpg
Jupiter Jim's Famous Gator Sausage. Awesome
100_0973.jpg
Jim Anderson with son JR. Cell Phones are a no no when camping. LOL

Was a great trip and so looking forward to next years. Thanks to both Jim's for the invite.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Mike,

Did he turn you an odd shade of green? :P

I'd say that set-up is a little too nice to be tagged 'Red neck'
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    I was on the verge to blow but we just made it it. :woohoo:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    OOOOOO
    Nice Bamboo side tables on BGE !!

looks like a fun time -- too bad the outlet scared ya! B)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Mike, It must have been a great time i'm sure. I will never forget my first time fishing 30 miles out from Bradenton where I lived at the time. I did not eat and did not take Dramamine and had no problems. I ate later after I got my sea legs on this trip. I was out with a lot of others on a charter and most everyone lost their breakfast and they all took sea sickness pills. I must admit I have not been out again because I never got around to it again. By the way we did not catch a thing cept a small wine and beer buzz on the way back in with the captain. B)
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    That looks like a lot of fun!!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Adam we were only out for about 40 minutes and it dawned on me that it was his first time on the ocean, it was very sloppy rough and he had not said a word for for the last 15 minutes or so I asked him if it was in fact his first time on the Ocean and he turned to me and said Yes. I could see it in his face :blush::sick: so I made a beeline for the inlet. Lucky for him we were not catching any fish otherwise I would told him to keep reeling and only stop to unload breakfast. :laugh:
    He was fine when we got back inside.
    We had a great time and Mike was very generous to bring his camper over for us, we already have our reservations for net year. :)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I know everyone had a great time. Sorry about the cold weather but hey it was 100 in Orlando in July right...LOL :lol: :silly: