Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friends

Followed by 2 people
Bojangles
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

McStew

About

Username
McStew
Joined
-
Visits
7,552
Last Active
Roles
Member
Points
130
Posts
461
  • Re: Pressure cooker / egg

    RRP said:
    McStew said:
    I received a pressure cooker as a gift and was wondering if anyone has any good recipes they are willing to share or any good books to purchase?  I have the beef bookmarked from St. Patty's Day from awhile back that I will be trying very shortly because it looked so good but if anyone has anything else that would be great 
    Thanks again 
    Didn't it come with some recipe book? I haven't ever used mine on my egg and would be scared to to be honest! There are also numerous pc recipes on the net.
    RRP there is no way i would ever use it on the egg HAHAHA Im worried about just using it in the house yet alone on the egg.  
    ·
  • Re: Vietnam food and travel far exceeded expectations *****Pic Heavy*****

    @SoCalTim Life is different then the western civilization we live in, people do what they need to survive and yes some do sell bbq dog to support their families.   We saw this in a off the beaten path so I did not want to take any picture of this and offend the person selling it and no I did not try it.  However in the city we did not see anything being sold.  
    ·
  • Vietnam food and travel far exceeded expectations *****Pic Heavy*****

    Well back to reality we had a wonderful experience on our travels to Asia over the last weeks here are a couple of cool pics from our culinary experience (Honeymoon).  I would say 95% of the food was great the other 5% I was able to wash down with beer.  Hope you enjoy some of these pics we ate at many different places from street food meat, coffee, donuts to finding some of Anthony Bourdain hidden vendors.  I even stumbled upon some the same BBQ that another forum member had mentioned (sorry I can not recall who).  Time to get back to the eggs they have been sitting idle for about a month or so!  I cant figure out how to load a 2 min video we made on the plane ride home once I figure this out I will put it up.  Hope you enjoy 


     
    ·
  • Re: Crazy week no egging at all but for a good cause

    Sorry for posting on the wrong topic @Big_Green_Craig my apologies 

    Thanks everyone for the kind words and like any true egghead I pulled rank on food and it turned out fantastic.  Here is a plate shot for now as I only have limited photos but we never ran out of food even with servings this big.  We had a full pig 160lbs / bone in chicken breasts and thighs.  The vegies came out a bit over cooked but still ok.  
    ·
  • Re: Crazy Busy Cooking Weekend...

    SORRY FAT FINGERS LOL my apologies!!!! so sorry  
    ·