Hide the skinned moose wankers where you hide the dope and Molsons :)
I'm Catholic, I do bad, feel guilty, and apologize. Then I'm ok. Pooping is bad, but I usually feel bad before I poo. Once I poo, I feel better, than I apologize for what I just did, so that one is backwards. I guess the order of the steps is not critical.
Slow cook a good, thick, marbled chuck steak, I use salt only. (look up pulled beef on this forum)
My best barbacoa recipe is from my MIL from mexico.
3-4 lb chuckie, little salt. Place in an oven bag, seal super tight, tied in knots, no air. slow cook overnight in a crock pot filled with water and put on low. Put it on before bed, check the water level once at night, and it's done in the morning. She did SV before it was cool :)
Now that I have a foodsaver, I'm going to use that.
That's just the first half of the goodness for barbacoa. Second:
1. Must make fresh flour tortillas. I can buy raw ones that are fantastic at my local grocery (HEB) near the eggs. Even my MIL doesn't home make them after having these.
2. Salsa must be specific to barbacoa. We do:
- 2-3 large tomatoes, cut into large (1" plus) chunks in a flying pan on med heat. Salt the tomatoes, crush tomatoes with wooden mixing spoon
- cut half an onion half inch slices, maybe an inch long.
- dice 4-5 serranos
- might need to add a little water, not much if at all. (rare)
- cook just until the onions are limp. taste for salt.