It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here
Georgia Red Wings
Also known as 54/50 AND Fight Wings!
The basis of this recipe is from a friend down in Georgia and he called them Georgia Red Wings. I have tweaked the recipe several times over the years to our liking. It seems to be popular at our local Eggfests when I make it! These are not over-powering spicy as some hot wings can be, but instead quite flavorful. Enjoy! Ron Pratt aka RRP
12 to 14 chicken wings
.75 cup water
1.25 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 cup Hot and Spicy V8 juice
.50 teaspoon Dizzy Pig brand Swamp Venom dry rub
1. Cut the wings apart at the joints discarding the tips.
2. Thoroughly rinse the fat from the wing parts by soaking in salt water for 4 hours and then again rinsing under running water.
3. Combine marinade ingredients in a large new Zip-Loc bag (1 gallon works best) and mix well. Pour marinade over the wings in bag and then place bag in a rigid container and squeeze out air so the wings stay submerged.
4. It is best to let the wings marinate in the refrigerator at a minimum of 50 hours! Massage bag and turn at least every 12 hours for best results.
5. Remove the wings from the marinade and if you want them hotter sprinkle lightly with Swamp Venom rub.
6. Grill indirect at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes. If using a foil covered plate setter which I prefer I find no need to turn them during the full cook. If grilling direct, only cook at 350° dome, monitor carefully and turn every 10 minutes.