Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FRED\'S FRANKS has

Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
been sold recently and I'm told that the new owner plans to keep everything just as it should be!

XL Egg

WG lump charcoal

Pearls

Some fine locally made sausages

and in the same location.

best eats on the north shore (outside if Stikes place of course)

Comments

• Lucky you, Carey. I just ordered 20# of the 4/lb. frankfurters from Peggy at Pearl today and she said that they WILL NOT ship any more dogs 2nd day air after this order. :( I guess I need to find a friend up your way who will buy them and ship them to me. :whistle:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    is Fred retiring? I didn't think he looked that old. Doesn't his brother or brother-in-law have a similar biz somewhere? I also know Fred's sister has an egg as I have sold gaskets to all three of them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • where'd you here that? I know Fred is still doing the e-mail and working when he's there.
    I haven't been there in close to a month. been too busy had to eat at home.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Wonder why they won't ship? In any case, while they are the best dogs I've ever had, if I couldn't get them locally, I wouldn't pay for 2 day anyway.

Have you tried BJ's? Some on the east coast carry them. Worth a shot.

Oh, and is Fred's now going to be called "Bruce's Franks"? Or Harry's? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• They WILL ship, but only Next Day Air. The cost of next day air makes them price prohibitive. The closest BJ's is an hour and a half away from me in Akron and I don't know if that store carries them yet.
  • Sundown
    "a confidential source" gave me the word. I've only made it to Fred's once all year and that was a couple of weeks ago when I met The Stike for lunch. Fred was there but he was off walking his ugly dog.

For some reason I thought he didn't look as chipper as he usually does.
  • Sundown
    not sure what's going on but, he's sold the business for sure. Where are you located anyway?
  • RRP
    Mark, the more pounds you order the less the incremental cost. The initial 10 pounds will gag your wallet, but make it 20# or more and the increase is really surprisingly rather small.
  • RRP
    way out here in Illinois halfway between Chicago and St. Louis. This is the world headquarters of Caterpillar.
  • Just did the exercise online with Pearl. 20#s of dogs, shipped overnight air comes to $177.65 or about $8.98 delivered cost per pound. The hot dogs cost $4.99 per pound and the shipping cost is $3.89 per pound. I love a good dog, but not at almost 9 bucks a pound. :(
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    thanks for spilling the beans, junior. i was going to make an announcement, but you go and steal my thunder
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • RRP
    huh?

You switching careers from being a stripper to a frankfurter vendor?
  • Sundown
    I always though you were younger than me. You old fart! :laugh:

At your age you probably don't have any thunder anyway. hehehehe :evil:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Well...We're waiiitinngggggg...
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i bought fred's and have hired a bikini clad sundown to work the rainy days.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I'm not sure if that will get you business or not...I'm sure it would bring in a few curious folk from the Forum, but in terms of new business you may need to rethink that plan....

Plus are you relocating to the S. Shore...that's a long commute for .25 an hour... :laugh:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    $9pp for Dogs? No hotdog is worth that. Ribeye's are a couple bucks cheaper.