Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very Disappointing:

Comments

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I find it sad for the people who take their own precious time to send emails out to folks about something like that. Wow people. Get a life. This is a forum, not an essay being sent to a professor, which I might add there are a few on here. Get over yourselves.

I'm still baffled as to why someone would bother doing that. Is their life that empty that they need to seek attention somewhere else? I feel bad for them, not you. They need to find themselves a wife (or husband) and get a life. Keep posting and don't trouble yourself with trivial things.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    that's what i'm saying. if YOU get hate mail, you'd think my inbox would be jamming.

perhaps they are intimidated by me. :laugh: and to them maybe you seem like a pansy they can attack. funny how things look on the internet, eh?
    hahaha

frigging knife in the glovebox. i'll never forget that. funniest damn thing....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    i had someone jump on me for my writing "style" here. i like to make sure the spelling is ok, but i also like to invent my own words and spellings when the 'real' words are just too boring... :laugh:

the best writers never followed any rules...
    I like Kingsley Amis, but when he launches into one of his defenses of the King's (Queen's) English, he is just too poncy and uptight...
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    stike wrote:
    that's what i'm saying. if YOU get hate mail, you'd think my inbox would be jamming.

Email on it's way.... :laugh:
  • stike
    thanks, man. now he will know it was me.
  • stike
    oh shut up, fidel. sheesh. you have hate mail.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    You should have opened my glovebox. You had multiple opportunities. I couldn't just come right out and say, "hay, man, grab X out of the glovebox for me" - you would have seen it coming a mile away.

I figured it was a given knowing your past experiences, but all my well laid plans were for naught.
  • Hay man, there are a lot of things in your glovebox most guys wouldn't touch. I don't mean for fear of leaving fingerprints either B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    You misspelled sheesh (sic), failed to use complete sentences, failed to use proper punctuation, and lack proper capitalization. You suck.
  • Fidel
    I just wanted to see his face when the rabid badger latched on to his jugular.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Mike I'm only mildly dexlectic and I still can't spell. Does that make extra stuped? I use to get hammered on my spelling all the time. No what? Dont like it dont open it. If I started using spell check now people would thank some one besides me was posting! :laugh:
  • Mike, I am sorry to hear about the pathetic email you received. It's just a bad 'egg'head on the forum. Just know that the remaining 99% of eggheads are decent folks.

I love reading your posts and am glad to count you among my friends. :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    You have WAYYY too many people on here that know you and like you just the way you are to worry about some punk troll.Ignore them.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    only happened a little bit a long time ago. i dont get it why some get all flustered with it especially if its from someone you probably will never know or wouldnt want to know. i shoulda stuck you with that knife and most here would probably have been fine with that :laugh: :laugh: maybe they are intimidated with the fact that you will respond with a 500 word essay that they wont understand :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Hey Mike, I have to think back to Melbourne when you went out of your way to help us with a mis-understanding about the fest. You are one of the good guys and I am honored to call you friend. Don't worry about the jerks, they are everywhere you go. ;)
  • Pork Butt Mike wrote:
    the E Mails I been getting about my spelling and the way I word things here on the form.

It amazes me folks would do something like that. Mike tale it for what it's worth, they are just ass holes!

Reminds me of an acquaintance who has passed away. I really liked the person. A lot of folks told me they were envious of the 'great man'. He was able to fluently speak 12 languages and understand and communicate in an additional 8 to 10 others. COO of Levi Strauss, high executive at Santos, and 8 or 9 other very large international companies. He set up manufacturing plants in many places in the US, Scotland, Canada, several middle eastern countries, Russia, South America and Mexico and other places I am sure I am not aware of. Very well read and extremely knowledgeable.

When attending his funeral all these great accomplishments were reviewed and talked about. He had personally helped disadvantaged families in Russia and set up some scholarship funds for kids who lived deep in Mexico. The man never flaunted his knowledge or accomplishments and never put anyone down who was not at his level.

Friends, business associates, immediate family and distant family spoke at his funeral.

With all those accomplishments the thing that struck me the hardest is what wasn't said.

Not a word about a loving husband or loving father. Not one word or one mention proceeding, during or after the services, nothing at the closing of the grave site and nothing after when family and friends gathered to eat and celebrate his life.

So with that said, don't stay away so long, your posts are enjoyed and you are missed.

Be well my friend. Kent
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Mike, don't waste your time caring about it. I spell like crap and type worse. I could care less what anyone thinks. This is fun and entertainment for me. Post their e mail so we can send them a self improvement e mail. I would say it's sad someone has nothing better to do, but I don't care.
  • HungryMan
    He was the guy that got sand kicked on him at the beach. Now he can hide behind the computer and be the tough guy.
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    ya, lets see who it is. I really like it when people hide behind emails and never show there face.
  • i will share with you what i say to JL when someone attacks his spelling

spelling is highly over rated .. ive been doing surgery for 32 years and no one ever asked me if i could sleep skalpul.

generally my dyslexia involves transposing numbers. i did not type sleep instead of spell on purpose ,,, i just chose not to correct it when i proof read.

i think we should all just wish the "nasty e-mailer" a rash, somewhere special, that does not heal.. then he will be too busy scratching to annoy you B)
    bill
  • Fidel
    I don't think he knows who the offender is. Seems like the messages are coming from anonymous (e.g. hotmail or gmail accounts).
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Keep the posts coming - forget about the ass clowns! there not on here for the right reasons. just delete the email or future emails. there probably mad cuz they may not even know how to cook, but you can!! f them!! :laugh: :laugh: :):) :evil: :)
  • stike
    aw crap. that woulda been awesome.hahaha
    damn. laffing out loud right now. wife thinks i'm nuts
  • Having my butt whippings bared on forum for all, I guess I am surprised I never got an email also, not that I am asking..... :unsure: :unsure:

But regarding you (Stike) being intimidating, I think it is more fear and trepidation about what that lady is doing to that dang carrot that has folks off balance :( :whistle: !
  • stike
    correction: it's "I couldn't care less" :laugh:

(couldn't resist, and just kidding!)
  • stike
    hell. i say post the emails, so we know who we are dealing with.

:evil:
  • HungryMan
    I just did it to see if anyone would catch it.
  • stike
    i was going to be a total dinkus and go thru the posts correcting everything. hahaha
    i kill me.

i used to get grief for not capitalizing. we literally had a schoolteacher here (maybe still), and she harped on me a few times about it. and then i think couldn't take it anymore and has since vanished. (thankfully)
  • Fidel
    I'm betting the emails are from a David Montgomery out of West Virginia.
  • HungryMan
    I get pissed when I type something and they respond with the wrong answer or info. Then I go back a read what I typed and I can't understand what I wrote. I'm glad most of the important stuff I type, Attorneys are the ones reading it.