Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very Disappointing:

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's very disappointing that there are some people out there have nothing better to do but rip my post apart. I been quite for a very long time about the E Mails I been getting about my spelling and the way I word things here on the form. Yes I am dyslexic and not ashamed of it.

Dyslexic:
Definition of DYSLEXIA
: a variable often familial learning disability involving difficulties in acquiring and processing language that is typically manifested by a lack of proficiency in reading, spelling, and writing

So those of you who get off on calling me stupid, then get a life. You never make mistakes or don't have or know of anyone that has a problem. Then you must be perfect. If you are perfect then you don't belong here.

Tired of getting your nasty E Mails. Get a freaking life.

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Mike,

Like water off a ducks back, man. :)

If someone has a problem with you....it's their friggin problem. Not yours.
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    without really knowing the details of what actually happened... it's not cool that someone or some people made you feel that way..
    context is important :)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Don't sweat those no-accounts, Mike! We luv ya' man!! :)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Thanks John, the header looks good man. When you get a chance give my a call. ;)
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Mike, I have not posted in awhile but I read the forum everyday. Your posts are informative and helpful but more importantly enjoyable. Don't worry about people that like to nitpick and don't contribute anything but aggravation. Keep up the good work.

John
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    There are plenty of people out there that need to pump themselves up by criticizing others. It usually boils down to jealousy of some kind. Or just plain wishing they were somebody else.

Ignoring it works GREAT with those people. I tell my kids to kill these people with kindness, and keep their distance.

You've got many good friends and are happy with yourself. You win.
    Cheers bro
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Mike, for what it's worth, I tend to read your posts before looking at many others. The value of the information you provide is a tremendous help to many on this forum. A spelling error--who cares! Keep kup the great work.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Mike,
    like all the others have said let it go they have the problem not you.
    We love just the way you are.
    I don't post much because I have a spelling problem too.
    In fact bug the h$#% out of them and keep posting :laugh: and like Chris said Kill em with kindness :laugh:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Don't let the few ruin your good time. Heck I can't spell but I could probably beat most of those people in scrabble!! :woohoo:

Anyway if you have been on this forum for any length of time you will find out real quick that there are a few that try to make themselves out to be something else.

I was know for making pizzas all the time and I would post things to help people ...I started getting nasty grams from certain people telling me I didn't know anything about making pizzas...

Funny thing is when I started asking them questions it was real clear who knew what.

I don't post as much as I use to because of some of the attitudes. These same attitudes spill over to the Eggfests. The people who are jerks on this forum are usually jerks in real life.

So ignore them and have fun is what I like to do!
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    hey it isn't your spelling I don't like, it is the fact that your a Dolphins fan... :laugh:

Just let the criticism roll off your back, I for one enjoy your posts and find them informative....keep them coming please...
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Mike, I appreciate your posts so, keep them coming. Tim :)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    least you dont have stike photo editing your fishing den with HIS yankee candle collection :laugh: :laugh: i wouldnt worry about it, i think many regulars have gotten the nasty emails before, i know 7/8 years back when i first landed here i was getting them from forum elders and all i was doing was asking simple food safety questions, from what i know now they had it all wrong :laugh: :laugh: there were some very hard headed folks on the forum back then regardless of how we view todays forum members now verse then, we tend to remember just the better things about the old forum. who really cares if something is spelled wrong, or if you capitalize appropriately, or even if you use the right word like there, their, or they're. i can see maybe someone chuckling to them selves but to get pissey and start emailing, well thats just absurd, just says something about the person doing it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    I'm just trying to imajine the guy that logs on to the Egg phorum to gather and share info about cooking, but focuses on spelling errors. I can't!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    We luv ya Mike - don't sweat it my brotha - you gotta lot friends here
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Mike, You think spelling is hard, try remembering what you had for dinner last night when all there is are some dirty dishes left over.
    Take the emails that are bad, print them and the next time you are camping, burn them and the evil will float away into the skies, out of sight, out of mind. LOL.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Amen Chris.
    Mike,
    If the worst thing that happens to you on any given day is that some moron with no life or self-worth has nothing better to do than worry about your spelling.................well then you're not only doing okay, you're doing much better than them.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    What about using the printed emails for toilet paper?
  • Gator Bait
    Options

A cool dude once said "Life is too short so cook it up." and he was right. Adam is right also "Like water off a ducks back", just be careful if he says that when he has the girls (his dogs) and a shotgun with him. :laugh:

Dyslexia runs in our family, my Dad had it, my sister has it, I have it to a very slight degree. In college I would be taking notes as fast as humanly possible and would start writing words backward. I proof read everything I write and spell check. I have to. At least you can spell Dyslexia, I had to copy it from your post.

A great free ware program is iespell. I have used it for many years and it is the best spell checker ever. It can almost always figure out the word I intended.

If the offensive emailer is a member here give us a name and report them to the admin. You know we don't like troublemakers here.

Have a great day Mike,

Blair

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Mike, you may be bald and ugly but your not stupid :laugh: :laugh:
    Some people have no life so criticizing others is all they have, think homeowner associations, condo commandos etc,,,,,

Ignore them buddy and keep cracking computer code B)
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Mike - I have observed throughout my life that those who are fault-finders usually have far more faults of their own.

You only go around once, so don't worry about it. Life is too damned short.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    sorry to hear it, PBM.
    the only time i mock someone's spelling is when they mock mine... i think anyone giving you grief (i haven't seen the post) for spelling errors really needs to remember this is a frikkin bbq forum, not the Chicago Manual of Style chat room.

FWIW, there's one guy on here who continually puts up great posts of a great variety of cooks, and is always interesting. i had heard vaguely that some folks "never read his/her posts" because of the spelling errors. their loss. it's petty and infantile.

if you are writing a cover letter, or conducting business, it's critical to focus on spelling and grammar, but here? on a forum about pork butt? tell them to screw.

here's what disappoints me (because it's all about me :laugh: )... you say you get all sorts of emails giving you grief. fishless has said he gets all sorts of emails (or has, in the past) giving him crap... why don't I ever get any? i think i do a good job of irritating the ass-clowns, and yet they never email me directly. very disappointing.

to sum up, PBM. re: their being upset with your spelling, i say "WGAF?" that is my next award. the WTF award has it's place, but sometimes you just need to give someone a "WGAF?"

chin up, and scroom
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i think he should share with us who sent the emails.... :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike those people do not understand that you are one of the really good guys on this forum. I remember you taking the time to talk with me on the phone a couple of times about a problem I was having at the time.
    That spelling thing: you and I and 70% of this forum is in that boat.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    YEP! We could all have a great bonfire.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Ignore the haters. Some people never grow out of middle school.
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    I totally agree with you stike, esp that cooker with a few mispells. I remember having trouble reading a forum members text awhile back by the name of stump baby...now that was a trip. Have a good one.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Thanks to all that is concern, did not realize how many friends I really have here. With the post I tried to get the person to own up for what he has been doing. I tried to trace the E Mail and even tried to E Mail them back and I get a E Mail back from the Postmaster that can not find address. But thats all good, I am a firm believer what comes around goes around. Thanks Everyone.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    hard to believe you dont get hate mail :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Mike -

What post got ripped apart? I just looked through your past 30 days of activity and saw nothing wrong.

People that got nothing better to do than bust your balls, just ignore 'em.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    if the email came thru the forum, email yourself thru the forum and you will see how your email address gets changed, you can fix that easily with a deletion and resend on the address line. for some reasion the system adds "forumhandle@" before the real email address, it needs to be deleted
    fukahwee maine