Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

if you could only cook ONE thing on your Egg

Hungry CelesteHungry Celeste Posts: 530
edited 2:48AM in EggHead Forum
If you could only cook ONE thing on your Egg for the rest of time, what would it be? In other words, what is your absolute favorite grilled item--the one you can't live without?

It's an easy choice for me: skirt steak, all the way. Real inside skirt--not flank-masquerading-as-skirt or the premarinated weird bits sold as "fajita meat".
·

Comments

• Easy - ribs. Either St. Louis or babybacks.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Can we have one lo/slo and one grilled? :)

Brisket / Grilled Chicken
    ·
  • I would have to go with ribs as well. The ones that I make at home are so much better than I can find at any restaurants around here. The egg will spoil you for any type of mass produced BBQ product!
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,963
    lamb, either leg or kabobs. truth be told i can cook it just as good on an open fire with a big rock to put the roast on. just really like a good piece of charred lamb on the rare side of med/ rare. what i normally get though is chicken thighs or wings, i do really like wings off the egg but it is still just chicken :laugh: now there are probably other cooks i like better but they take too much effort, if its one thing im picking something easy
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    this is causing me a great deal of stress...

I gotta go with rib steaks. covered with shrimp? is that allowed? ;)

I might change my mind as the day goes on
    context is important :)
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    st.louis style ribs!!! :) :) Nothen like the egg to make ribs!!
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,713
    Resting on a bed of "Pulled Pork"... :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Bread..... :) :woohoo:
    ·
  • Competition style chicken.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    I do like turkey legs :)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I'd have to say pizza. then everything and anything you cook can be considered a 'topping' for your pie :)
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Pork shoulder. So versatile.
    ·
  • Chicken.
    ·
  • Y'know, I almost said pizza, but then I decided I could make passable pizza in other ways. But skirt steak's gotta be grilled.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Bread?

If one can be so generic then I'd like to add my "one" item -- MEAT
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    You could always make a skirt steak pizza. :whistle:
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Children...
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
  • Could work for "dinner" too.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Chicken
    If I was alowed three things I would say;
    Chicken
    Pork
    Beef
    Not neccesarly in that order. ;) Tim
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,368
    I am going with "food".

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Mad Max Turkey: :laugh: of course!
    ·
  • Whew, this is a tough one. I'll go with spatchcock chicken. It's the first thing I egged that turned out really well so it's a sentimental choice for me. :)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    STANDING RIB ROAST!!! :) The end!
    ·
  • valrunevalrune Posts: 134
    Every Friday Night.......PIZZA!!!!!!
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 449
    I'm gonna hafta say, BEEF!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    ·