Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The "Small" vs. "Mini" Debate heats up!!

2»

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Mark Backer,
    Be careful if searing on Miss Mini with the dome open, I have scorched my handle as it hangs in the down position. Not bad but enough to make me watch what I'm doing when the dome is up.
    Cheers,
    New Bob

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks....I'm not sure where I got Seasonal Distibuters from....My bad!![p]BTW....I clicked on your name instead of your post and went to your profile....I must say..."I am damm proud to now be listed on your Profile Page"!![p]Have a "Smokin Weekend"!![p]
    Chubby

·
  • Chubby,
    I just had my small up to 850 last weekend, fwiw....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Chubby,
    Having both the small and the large, I can say beyound a doubt that the small will not reach the temps that the large does.
    If this is to be your only egg, I strongly suggest you look into the medium.
    Regards and Happy Holiday,
    BD

·
  • Chubby,[p]I just got a small to go with my large. I did not have any trouble getting it up to 800+ to TRex a couple of 2" ribeyes tonight. Man were they good! Just use plenty of lump and light in several places. I use a MAPP torch. Also, I plan on using the small to wok cook with.[p]Long live the egg!!!!!![p]Gil
    ·