Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The "Small" vs. "Mini" Debate heats up!!

2»

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Mark Backer,
    Be careful if searing on Miss Mini with the dome open, I have scorched my handle as it hangs in the down position. Not bad but enough to make me watch what I'm doing when the dome is up.
    Cheers,
    New Bob

·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    GrillMeister,[p]Thanks....I'm not sure where I got Seasonal Distibuters from....My bad!![p]BTW....I clicked on your name instead of your post and went to your profile....I must say..."I am damm proud to now be listed on your Profile Page"!![p]Have a "Smokin Weekend"!![p]
    Chubby

·
  • Chubby,
    I just had my small up to 850 last weekend, fwiw....
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Chubby,
    Having both the small and the large, I can say beyound a doubt that the small will not reach the temps that the large does.
    If this is to be your only egg, I strongly suggest you look into the medium.
    Regards and Happy Holiday,
    BD

·
  • Chubby,[p]I just got a small to go with my large. I did not have any trouble getting it up to 800+ to TRex a couple of 2" ribeyes tonight. Man were they good! Just use plenty of lump and light in several places. I use a MAPP torch. Also, I plan on using the small to wok cook with.[p]Long live the egg!!!!!![p]Gil
    ·