Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I Am Absolutely Sick: an update

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry this has taken so long to update but we are now back in NY :(

For those who didn't read my original post, I was doing my fourth ever cook and the dome fell from the egg and shattered. Here is how it worked out.....

Went to the dealer. At the time, he basically said I did something wrong, call HQ and see what they will do for you. If they won't do anything come back and maybe we can work something out. That is the short version but you all get the gist. It wasn't really a pleasant conversation for either of us. He also added "I'm not going to be out $200." Now I am not a business owner so I am not speaking from experience, but if it were me, I would make sure my customer is not out the $200. One way or another. He stands to lose more than that in business were I to take my business and recommendations elsewhere.

So, called HQ and talked to Bruce. What a great company to deal with! No questions asked, covered it under warranty. I sent him an e mail with the facts and the pictures I took of the bolt which had bent proberly in the band. He replied with an e mail for me to take to the dealer authorizing the replacement under warrantee. The dealer ordered it (this was last Monday morning) and I had it by Wednesday afternoon. The dealer paid $50 of the $75 shipping becuase he was able to add some other stuff to it and he agreed to come out to the house to install it which took over two hours.
Had a great conversation with the dealer at the house. Turns out he used to do a radio show about cooking on ceramic grills. Told me to stop in anytime for advice. Overall, I am very satisfied with how it worked out. Still got a couple of cooks in before we had to leave to come back north.

Did I do something wrong during my installation? Maybe. The bolts were tight. I have the pictures of them if anybody would like to see. Not sure if there is something else I could have done and guess I never will know. I now tighten them about three times a day when I am there. ;)

Oh, and Fidel....sorry about snapping back at you. I was a little upset at the time . My apologies.

Comments