Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aarrrggghhhh!!!!!

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do you know what happens when you stir the old lump, open the bottom vent, light the lump, close the dome... and forget to remove the ceramic cap? I do. :blink: :angry:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    OH, do tell!!! :laugh: :whistle::lol:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Soooo how was dinner :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    BUMMER....been there! :blush:
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I thought only Molly does stuff like that.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    Do I know what happens? Sure, your spouse asks, "Why did you do that?" :evil:
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    MMMMMMM Rare Meat :woohoo: or were you cooking chicken? :sick:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Late.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Then why didn't you TELL me?! Some friend YOU are!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I have learned a lot from Molly. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Just tell her the lump must have gotten damp. Somehow.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    any adult beverages involved?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    spatched cornish hen actually. Was ready to put it on. You know the drill; lite lump, prep food, cook.

Or....... lite lump, prep food, lite lump AGAIN, wait for lump, cook.

good thing I'm in no rush.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• eenie meenie
    Options
    :pinch: ......... :lol: :laugh: :woohoo:
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    unfortunately, I can't even blame that! however, I'm working on it now!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Is that something else I get to look forward to? Is it more likely with beer? :P
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Rebecca, thank you for your sympathy. :P

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Oh, and it's never happened to you? ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Hey, it's dark outside! I just didn't notice the the little bugger. Sitting there laughing at me. :angry:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I don't think I've left the cap on, but I have sure left the bottom vent closed - with the same result, I'm sure. :blush:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, you, Hoss and me. I'm sure we're the only ones...

who will admit it. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Shutup!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    hahaha - if you can't take the heat, darlin'............

leave the cap on! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Options
    Is your egg covered? as in under a protective structure? Mine is so I put my ceramic top away.I just close down the DMFT "daisey wheel" now and don't hafta worry about the ceramic top. ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Nope, it's completely exposed to the weather. Still, the dfmt would have done the same thing.

The good news is, I'm now enjoying an appetizer... a few crackers with LaHossa!! :) 'Course, I won't be able to taste the game hen...... :woohoo:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    So you're supposed to remove the dome lid? I knew something was wrong all this time.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Hoss
    Options
  • RNLV
    RNLV Posts: 42
    Options
    Gosh, I thought that happened only with fresh lump. :laugh:

Ron.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Michael the ceramic cap is the first thing you should throw away when buying an egg....or isn't it?? :laugh: