Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

cheesy grits an shrimp

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
the raws

be119fd2.jpg

chinese broccoli

3365d51c.jpg

sauteed in butter and garlic

06bd58c0.jpg

brushed with butter and egged

5211d41d.jpg

used the creamy goat cheese,, way to bitter so i shredded a fist sized piece of jarlsburg and added some more salt ..

this was a first try and the bottomless pits appoved i would make a few changes,, first, find a less bitter and creamier goat cheese. the shrimps were brushed with butter..... good but next time i will dust with tony's or old bay.. and before plating the shrimp i think putting the grits under the broiler to add a bit of crisp to the top

now the story behind the story.
thanks to jl for the grits.. i asked him to send me some down home southern grits as all i can get here is quaker oats grits ,.. what do phila quakers know about grits? i open the package from my friend and guess who manufactures aunt jemima grits .. yep quaker oats,, they were good.
i have moved the grits line north
bill

Comments