Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's for Office Christmas Lunch

Options
Louisiana Redneck
Louisiana Redneck Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning,[p] I have been asked to bring A B T's to the Christmas lunch. I am planning on bring about 24 to 36 total. There are only 8 of us in our dept. I do plan on having 3 or 4 different types. I know for sure, I want crabcake stuffing in some but I am undecided on the rest. What are some suggestions on the best you have every had. Please give some suggestions. [p] My second concern, is I will prepare them Sunday afternoon to be eaten Monday at noon. What is the best way to keep them good. Should I keep them in refrigerator and reheat in micro at work the next day. If you have any suggestions here please share also. Thanks in advance. [p] Happy Holidays to all Eggers.[p] Louisiana Redneck

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Louisiana Redneck,
    here are some mild ones i did for chef's choice competition at new holland[p]bell pepper thirds and sweet pepper halves filled with cream cheese and crabmeat, sprinkled with a little dizzy raging river and wrapped in prociutto. ..delicious. . .[p]i'd refrigerate, but microwave may make the peppers soggy. ..got access to a small oven/toaster oven to reheat?. . otherwise microwave may be all you've got. ...

• David from RI
    Options
    Louisiana Redneck,[p]
    I do mine ahead and I do refriegerate. Best way I think to reheat is a toaster oven, even if you bring one with you.[p]David

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    dang, forgot the picture. ..
    DSCN0444.jpg

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Those really look good! How does prosciutto(?) differ from bacon? It looks like it has alot more meat which I prefer to bacon fat. Where can I buy some? [p]Mac
  • Louisiana Redneck, I thought these were great...I used Anaheim peppers and left over country style ribs. The heat will of course need to come from other than the pepper itself, like, hot spices or sauce included in there somewhere. [p]IMAG0076.jpg[p]IMAG0077.jpg[p]IMAG0082.jpg

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    prociutto is a cured italian ham. .. much less fat than bacon. . you can buy it at almost any grocery store deli counter, or at any decent italian deli. .. costco in northern virginia even sells it in its pre-packaged meat sections. .. .its fantastic (and good stuff will cost around $15 - $16 per pound). . .i use it in my flank steak rolls, the mild abt's. . .and it is great just wrapped around chunks of fresh canteloupe (a favorite italian appetizer). .

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Chet,
    Nice. I do the same thing with the anaheim peppers.
    I stuff mine with taco seasoned meat and shredded cheese.

• Kyle
    Kyle Posts: 156
    Options
    Louisiana Redneck,
    I have had some really good ones simply stuffed with "Little Smokeys" and cream cheese. Wrapped peppers in bacon.[p]They are great!