Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE cookbook - good job

Options
GrillDaddy
GrillDaddy Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok- I looked at some of the previous posting on this subject. Here is my 2 cents. First a great book for any new BGE/Ceramic cookers owners. What I liked the most is the section with the recommended setup. Like plate setter, drip pan and v-rack, recommended temps for grill and food also great. I purchased mine at Borders. I had a 20% off coupon w/ my Borders bonus membership, I ended up playing about 35 bucks before taxes. Hardcover and pictures of cooks are also very good. I would enjoy hearing other people opinions of this of this book.

Comments

• Georgia
    Options
    I'm a newbee who really loves to cook. I bought the this cook book along with the egg and got 10% off. I felt this book explained many different techniques and plan on making the coffee rubbed pork tenderloin tomorrow night.

One question I have- can I use my Allclad cookware on the egg? Or should I purchase some lower quality pans? Has anyone used the Le Crueset pizza stone on the egg?

Thanks!
  • GrillDaddy
    Options
    What ever you use in an oven or stove top you should be able to use on a BGE. You may pick up smoke on your cookware. I use a standard pan to do lasagna and it was so good and no issues with cookware/pan.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Can you tell me what the name and publisher is for the cookbook- Id love to get one.
    Thanks
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    YOu can certainly use All Clad on the egg, I personally don't, because I'm pretty sure my wife would murder if she saw it! If you have a cast iron dutch oven (Enameled or not) CI Skillet and pizza stone, your pretty much set. I've also seen a number of forum members use a wok, and I have to say some of their cooks look pretty dang good good
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    For the time being I'm boycotting Amazon over their flip-flopping decision to pull and then re-instate selling How to Books to pedophiles! In the mean time many BGE dealers carry that BGE cook book so you might look there first.

BTW they still sell them at the mother store in GA and if you ask nicely you can even get ed Fisher to autograph it like I did!
    IMG_1066.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Bought mine a couple of weeks ago on amazon for $19 and change shipped (prime membership shipping is free). Haven't spent a hours and hours of time in it yet but my first impression is ithat it is a really nice $20 cookbook.

I would have a hard time justifying $50 for ANY cookbook personally. If you want this book they are out there on amazon every day; if you watch closely you'll see them pop up for way under $30. Mine was marked used-very good but frankly there was no way anyone had ever opened this before I did...amazon is amazing for these kind os finds.

Lots of pictures and I literally never cook anything from a cookbook, magazine, blog or forum without seeing pictures first, it's what grabs my interest. With a couple hundred cookbooks in the house, no picture, no read...no cook. Keep On Eggin!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241