Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

7 Pound Pork Shoulder

wintonbeerguywintonbeerguy Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be smoking a 7-pound pork shoulder on my large Big Green Egg today. If I smoke at 225 degrees, how long should I leave it on?

Also, what is the best way to arrange the lump coal?
·

Comments

• I would suggest grid on PS with legs up with a drip pan on PS. Should take 8-10 hours but cook to temp not time. Every cook is different

As for the lump
    Biggest pieces on bottom to cover up fire grate. Mix in some wood chunks. Add more lump. A lot of folks suggest large to small for lump distribution. I just make sure large is on fire grate so nothing gets clogged. Also make sure your egg is clear of any ash build up and vent at bottom is aligned with fire box.

Good luck
    And remember if you don't take pics it didn't happen!
    ·
  • You can always speed up cook time by foiling but wouldn't do that until temp hits 160 or more. Always do big cuts by temp and foil to cook faster.
    ·