Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any turkey eggers have a roasting pan they suggest

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I liked my mad max turkey and I know if I do it RIGHT I will like it even more. Meaning I would rather invest in a nice roasting pan that will hold a nice sized bird/ham/dolphin so that I do not have to mess with the disposable jobbers.

If you have one you like and would take a second to post or PM me an amazon link I will send you pics of me-only in an apron.

Thanks!
tim

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    i will get the name off the one i have at home, it looks like this one and im not sure this one will fit or not, the offset handles let you put a bigger pan in the egg. its a pretty practical pan, big side for making turkey soup, smaller side for serving and reheating. has a sandwiched layer of aluminum on the bottom for even cooking. i found mine at the mall in a restaurant store for around a hundred bucks, best to find one local and measure it if your looking for the maximum size. i think its pretty expensive for a turkey pan, but there is alot of ways to use this style pan

http://www.cookware.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=CMN1001
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Thanks Tim for posting your question, I was thinking about asking for recommendations myself.

I measured my large with the platesetter in place and it appears that the pan recommended by Fishlessman will work. They have a smaller roaster that's similiar, but I'm afraid it will be too small if you want to cook a 20-22lb turkey.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    mines a little smaller than the one i posted, im not sure that one would fit a large. i dont cook birds too often ove 18 pounds, i prefer two birds around 16 to 18, i cook the other bird in the oven with the other side of the pan

DSC_0089.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    offset handles and an oval shape really play nice with the egg.

my wife's german porcelain stuff, which i shamelessly use in the egg (because i ALSO clean them).

i looked, and this is no longer available... but there are ovals with offsets out there.

Xroast_on_BGE.jpg

the handle in back is actually part of the lift-out rack.
    the blue handle front is one of the offset handles, matched by one diametrically opposite...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Options
    That is sweet. My MIL gave me an offset one for Christmas last year cause I had borrowed hers a few times. The one she got me was bigger and doesn't fit the large.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    we actually have two size, which i didn't know until one year i actually put one back in the 'right' storage space, and saw the other one. one is smaller. i just always assumed i was drunk and was imagining the size changing every other time i used it.

:unsure:

i think they have been discontinued. this thing sold for around 200 bucks though.

http://www.amazon.com/Chantal-Enamel-11-Quart-Roaster-Broiler/dp/B00004UF8H

my wife got the whole set (pots, pans, roasters, etc.) for 400 on clearance once. she got them in maybe '90?

for years they showed up on EVERY sit-comedy series on tv, including seinfeld, friends, roseanne. was weird.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I got this at Sams Club for around $30. I can't believe the quality. Nice and heavy. It fits great in the large.

100_0361.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Steve,

Nice looking bird! Bet it tasted like cardboard though B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    It DID taste like cardboard, but it was still my best effort, so far!
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    I use a humble 9x13 cake pan with the BGE rack in it.

426121939_MT489-S.jpg[/url]

I'd love to find a nice enamel roaster or an oval one like Max has.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Di
    Options
    Couldn't make up my mind, so I ordered two different ones. I'll keep the one that fits the best and return the other one.

I ordered the Camerones roaster from cookware.com and a slightly smaller one that looks like yours. I ordered it from Amazon, it's a Cook's Choice Stainless Steel. It has the offset handles which I like on yours.

Thanks for the tips.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the cooks choice looks like the one, 10 quart size, when i make two birds with it the 10 quart makes a good amount of soup ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Great question. I was wondering the same thing.

Has anyone tried the GraniteWare roasting pan? I picked one up @ Target the other day and has pretty good reviews on Amazon.

I'm going to be on the look out for the Kitchen Aid pan after the holidays :)

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I use a 14 inch aluminum deep dish pizza pan with a v-rack. All sides if the bird are exposed and it's deep enough to catch the drippings. Fits well on the plate setter, lift mine with egg feet. WLL
  • Di
    Options
    You need to share the recipe for the soup! I don't have a good recipe for soup with turkey. When I smoke hams, I make RRP's Ham and Bean soup using the bone. Need something for the turkey.
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Thanks for posting the photo and info on that one from Sam's club--as i walked by it in the store i thought it was too big! I'll be picking one up on my next trip--if they have one???
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Now That IS a Great lookin Bird! Perfect Color IMO
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • fishlessman
    Options
    checked my pan last night, its this one, both sections fit the egg butt the large section is tight, i doubt the big section would fit with the platesetter
    http://www.amazon.com/Camerons-Products-CMRW-Cameron-Cookware/dp/B0000DDT7I
    fukahwee maine

• mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    hornhonk wrote:
    I got this at Sams Club for around $30. I can't believe the quality. Nice and heavy. It fits great in the large.

Steve,

Did you get that recently? We're not Sams members, but have a free one day pass for the new one here in Denton. Would be worth the trip if those pans are a current item.
    Egging in Crossville, TN