Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good Lump

HungryNephewHungryNephew Posts: 267
edited 9:20AM in EggHead Forum
I know lump is made from trees but have you ever seen it look like a part of a tree?

Lump.jpg

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Whats up buddy?
    I used a few bags of it last year, and yea there is some biug chunks. Not sure mine were like that though.
    Have you used it yet? That stuff is "wicked". :)
  • Outside of these two odd ones, it might have been the most impressive bag of lump in terms of % of large chunks that I have ever had.
  • It's hard to light but it burns a long, long time. I like it...a lot.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That is some big lumps you got there. I bet that will cook for a while. ;) Tim
  • Just got my 2nd shipment by FedEx. Both shipments had a large % of big lump. So far I'm very happy with Wicked Good.
  • I got a 3 pack in August and the pieces were quite large. I hated it at first because the bigger pieces were harder to start and get going. But once they did, they burned long and even.

I started breaking up some of the larger pieces with a hammer after getting a tip here and it worked great then.

Yep it's some big stuff!
    Knoxville, TN
  • SundazesSundazes Posts: 274
    I have been using off and on for a couple of years. I also break up some of the bigger chunks. I really like it. It is cheaper to mail order and pay shipping than by bge lump locally.
    As a matter of fact i just ordered 3 bags.