Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good Lump

HungryNephewHungryNephew Posts: 267
edited 5:46AM in EggHead Forum
I know lump is made from trees but have you ever seen it look like a part of a tree?

Lump.jpg
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Whats up buddy?
    I used a few bags of it last year, and yea there is some biug chunks. Not sure mine were like that though.
    Have you used it yet? That stuff is "wicked". :)
    ·
  • Outside of these two odd ones, it might have been the most impressive bag of lump in terms of % of large chunks that I have ever had.
    ·
  • It's hard to light but it burns a long, long time. I like it...a lot.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That is some big lumps you got there. I bet that will cook for a while. ;) Tim
    ·
  • Just got my 2nd shipment by FedEx. Both shipments had a large % of big lump. So far I'm very happy with Wicked Good.
    ·
  • I got a 3 pack in August and the pieces were quite large. I hated it at first because the bigger pieces were harder to start and get going. But once they did, they burned long and even.

I started breaking up some of the larger pieces with a hammer after getting a tip here and it worked great then.

Yep it's some big stuff!
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • SundazesSundazes Posts: 274
    I have been using off and on for a couple of years. I also break up some of the bigger chunks. I really like it. It is cheaper to mail order and pay shipping than by bge lump locally.
    As a matter of fact i just ordered 3 bags.
    ·