Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - You Think This Blog is Rude????

Options
LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Holy smokes!!!

I am starting P90X soon (read "soon") and got on a blog to get some encouragement and ideas of what I am up against (I was a previous weightlifting guy, and at 50 still might be ok to do P90X without inducing a heart attack or other).

Anyway, the blogs I found are INCREDIBLE!!!! About two posts into each thread you have a group of people that take over the thread and pick up calling each other every name you can think of. It is the most rude, low brow thing you can read. REALLY?!?!?!

Anyway, thanks to all that are gentle with us newbys, even though the same questions get asked at least once a day, I have never felt bad, insulted or threatened. The place is more special than we know.....

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I love it here even though I have made an ass out of myself running a troll off. Tim
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Hi Dave. I've never had anyone be rude to me since I've been on here. That's what's so cool about the Egghead's everyone is willing to help each other. Great group of people.

Wish you could have made it to Plano, we haad a blast!

Maybe Saledo in March...
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    not a blog...but never claimed to know the difference..
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I have posted remarks I regretted too. :blush: It happens.Most forgive and forget. ;)
  • LFGEnergy
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words. Finishing up a season of 14U baseball with my son, but loved the pictures!!! Looks like a great time was had by all!!!!
  • Hoss
    Options
    I'm not sure either but I THINK a blog is one person putting their stuff out and other people comment or ask the blogger a question.On a forum,it is more interactive between all the members/guests.Not sure, just my perception.
  • WessB
    Options
    That was kinda my uneducated take in it as well....thanks for the verification...so this would be a 20K plus blog..with about 15K of them wingin it....LOL
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    That was kinda my uneducated take in it as well....thanks for the verification...so this would be a 20K plus blog..with about 15K of them wingin it....LOL

Ummm...not sure I understand this statement, unless maybe it's in some form of code?

I'm not real up on the whole blog/forum thing, but agree with Hoss's definition.

On here you pretty much have to sort the clowns from the real genuine folk...no different than any other forum, or life for that matter! B) It just gets tough when folks try to play the middle. But if you're smart, you figure out those real quick....and just ignore. At least that works for me.
  • WessB
    Options
    I was proudly surprised by that post....no apologies necessary..
  • WessB
    Options
    Check the "forum census" 20684 registered users...hence my 20K reference....15K of em are just wingin it......no code..no hidden agenda...and no disrespect meant...we're all learnin..
  • Hoss
    Options
    You got that RITE!!! ;)
  • Fornia
    Options
    Gotcha! That's one helluva bunch of Eggs! Never really thought of it that way.

Makes me wonder how many Eggs are actually 'in use' and active across the country/world.

I know I've got a guy about a mile down the road, with a Med. BGE on his front porch. I've driven by many, many time and always look over...NEVER seen it in use yet. Been thinking about stopping in one day to say, 'is it for sale?'. Worse case he says 'no and get off my lawn', right?
  • WessB
    Options
    stop in with a steak and show him what to do with it...life's to short..
  • Fornia
    Options
    Great thought! I might actually give that a try this weekend. If he doesn't want any help, I'll still leave the steak.

I guess I'm taken back that anyone who has an Egg, isn't using it as their primary cooking source (like us).

Also, given we've got the best dealer in the country (my opinon I know, but Fred is hitting all cylinders and it's only getting bigger/better every week in that store) less than 20 min away, I'm perplexed that anyone wouldn't cook on their Egg 'often'.

It does look very cool on the small front porch of an old stone farmhouse, at least that's the comment from my wife! But....she also thinks I've got an Egg/BBQ problem. :whistle: She's right, but it isn't changing!
  • WessB
    Options
    Well to put things into to perspective..this started out as a post about a "blog" and grew to where we are now...you just really never know what any given person's life experience might be at any given moment to explain an egg on a porch that may or may not being used...I truly believe all eggers are truly good people....but sometimes life throws us all a bag of crap...wish you the best at recruiting an egg or egger..
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Tim say it aint so :(
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Hi Dave,

I did p90x so if you have any questions feel free to message me. It has been over a year now since I completed it and I really enjoyed it. I need to do it again to shake off some of these lbs I've added since getting my egg ;).

One piece of advice I would offer- do a 1-2 week "warm up" prior to the official start of the 90 day program. Put in the DVDs and follow along, but don't don't go all out and just stop and watch if you need to.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• LFGEnergy
    Options
    Wess,

I read your post right before heading to bed last night, and I do agree, a Forum is a much more appropriate word than Blog. The definitions provided below confirm.

I do like how the threads wrap around various topics, I have found that flat view and reading an entire thread often provides answers to questions you hadnt yet asked.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying :P !!!
  • LFGEnergy
    Options
    Thanks for the offer, will take you up on a few questions....

1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being after completing P90X for the first time) where were you physically before you started?

2. How many weeks did it take to get the hang of it, and the pain to stop?

3. Did you do a maintenance routine after finishing the initial 90 days? If so, how intense, how often?

4. if you were to do it again, would you change anything?

I think I am down to taking that first step and turning it on. I am going to do 2 weeks going thru the motions like you suggest.

we will see!!!

Thanks!

Dave