Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Kabobs on the Mini

Options
Wazoo
Wazoo Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did up some fast-and-easy pork kabobs on the mini tonight. Marinated the cubed pork from some Sam's Pork Chops in Lawry's Mexican Chile & Lime, added Tony Chachere's More Spice/Less Salt, and then put them on the fire. Smoke from hickory chips for extra flavor. Side of Turkish Nan bread to top it off. Good meal.

Cooking...
101_0133.jpg

First Turn:
101_0134.jpg

Looking About Done:
101_0136.jpg

Ready for the Plate:
101_0137.jpg

Comments

• Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    Options
    And what made it taste even better -- LSU just beat Alabama at Tiger Stadium 24-21! My son is in the stadium and will be deaf for at least two days...
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    Those are some AWESOME looking skewers!!! And congrats on the victory!!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice!! I guess I need to try kbobs next!
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SmokinCajun
    Options
    I would have called them "elephant chunks". Glad he could make it to that game. It was the best I have seen LSU play this year. Hoping he can come up for Thanksgiving and have some turkey here....

How long did you marinate it? I like the way you have the skewers laid across the top of the grill. It certainly makes it easier to turn them that way!

Geaux Tigers!