Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

And yet another knockoff

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 8:03PM in EggHead Forum
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,810
    thats a pretty nice looking grill
    ·
  • I get the trade magazines and there are new ones all the time ... most if not all are chinese made etc. We tested a couple assorted ones they seemed to work ok but why bother when there is such a great product, with a great warranty etc. etc. for "around" the same price.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    The Unique Smokin' Chip Feeder is pretty neat.. although I'm sure that feature will get chastised.
    context is important :)
    ·
    ive cracked eggs before, that would be another potential area for cracking, especially since its hotter there than the vent area, but for someone that just wants to do low and slows thats a great feature
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,669
    Has some good features.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I watched your video and really liked the pizza oven. -RP
    ·
  • While the knock offs don't meet the quality standards, they do provide one positive...some unique thinking outside the box. Like the Bubba Keg having notches on the daisy wheel to remmber settings, etc. I think at some point it would be nice of BGE to look at some of those innovations and see how they can incorporate into the egg.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    I'm impressed....but, sure they'll never get so many nice people as we do here.... :)
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    chastiser :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • hey look!!! its got a belly button!!! heeee
    ·
  • That looks like a really nice ceramic cooker, but with casters that small, a lot of them are going to go to pieces the Humpty-Dumpty way. The warranty's pretty decent compared to some of the other knock-offs if it's honored properly, but we all know how warranty service can go.

"Warranty Summary
    All ceramic parts that fail to operate properly due to manufacturing defects will be replaced free of charge for 20 years. All stainless steel parts are covered for 10 years.

Any part of the grill that gets broken for any reason, including operator error and accidents, will be provided at half price for the lifetime of the grill to the original owner.

Shipping charges are not covered by the warranty."
    ·
  • That's the first thing I noticed too, the tiny casters. BGE went to a larger diameter wheel on their nests and those look smaller than the original ones BGE used.
    ·
    maybe they could send me one to test. there is alot of nice upgrades on it, stainless grid, daisy, bands
    ·
  • I did a little quick internet pricing. The thing looks comparable to a BGE Large, but is quite a bit pricier. It seems you're going to pay for those nice upgrades...
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    There is one on ebay for $1030 and includes free shipping. -RP
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Wonder bow much that'd be without free shipping

:laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/2034089922.html

This is another one that is one CL here in Raleigh, aside from that MarkB's. It even calls it at BGE alternative.
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    NC-CDN wrote:
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/2034089922.html

This is another one that is one CL here in Raleigh, aside from that MarkB's. It even calls it at BGE alternative.

"is designed and built to provides you with 20-30 years of cooking pleasure."

interesting.
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Looks like the answer for those guys who want a Red and Black cooker. Reminds me of the Hertz commercial - "Is it a BGE? Not exactly."
    ·