Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Killed my 2nd "Polder"

StuworldStuworld Posts: 57
edited 9:24AM in EggHead Forum
Was roasting chicken around 425 and the foil just wasn't enough protection. Before I invest in my third one, I wanted to learn from your experiences.

Is there a brand/model better suited for higher temps?

Is maverick the only option for wireless? Does the wireless carry the signal through tinted windows?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,316
    maverick has a new unit coming out soon that takes higher heat and transmits about 300 feet from what ive read. im waiting til they come out to upgrade. model number is ET732. the setup logic will still be difficult im sure :laugh:
  • My Polder had lasted 10 years; my Maverick "dome" probe went out after 6 mo!!
  • Thanks guys. I'll give the new maverick a shot when it comes out. Will get a Wally world special to get me through until it comes out.
  • MJF24MJF24 Posts: 146
    Maybe you should see if you can get a replacement probe for the Polder. I've scorched my share of Maverick probes....but each time I only have to invest in a new probe, not an entirely new thermometer.