Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alaskan King Crab Legs with Citrus Salad

Options
eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, the carnivore thing didn't last long, now I'm back to seafood, shellfish specifically.

My grocery store is bringing in fresh Alaskan King Crab legs for the next two to three weeks or so. I couldn't resist. They are precooked, so all I had to do was reheat them. I decided to just use the egg because I was baking dessert in the oven. I selected three legs which weighed 3 1/2 lbs and decided to serve it as part of a salad.

The citrus dressing and salad ingredients, minus the lettuce: Olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, mustard, garlic, chopped parley, basil, oregano, S&P. For the salad I used red leaf lettuce, hearts of palm, artichokes, mango, and yellow pepper.

IMG_5381.jpg

The crab legs getting ready on the egg:

IMG_5390.jpg

The lunch was served with Dr. L's riesling and some crusty french bread:

IMG_5411.jpg

My plate:

IMG_5412.jpg

It made for a very refreshing lunch. The salad dressing was a good compliment to the crab legs.

Comments