Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ready for the weekend party

Options
Jo
Jo Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Showing off the egg this weekend, the party planned for 50 or so is Sunday. For you newbies,or want-to-be's, I've not had it a month yet and ANYTHING is possible with the egg. Am glad to hear they are re-writing the handbook. The site is the most valuable resource around and the book pales by comparison. The New England weather is looking iffy so have tent rented just in case. For the less adventurous(the kids), will do dogs and burgers on the egg. Recommended time for dogs on the grill and temp please? Rest of the menu is pulled pork on potato bread rolls(have cooked about 80 lbs on the egg, pulled it and it's just waiting in the freezer for an overnight defrost and minimal warming in the chafing dish steam pan), cole slaw is marinating, doing roasted baby red potatoes with parsley, garlic, olive oil and kosher salt in the egg, did baked beans (4 lbs raw kidneys with brown sugar, molasses, mustard and cloves baked for 6 hrs), made my bbq sauce, and serving strawberry shortcake (love marinating the strawberries with some Grand Marnier and sugar) and brownies for dessert. Will keep you all posted. Don't get much bbq in NH so got an almost 100% response on the rsvps! Have a great and safe weekend everyone.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Jo,[p]Yummy, sounds like Eggfest-New England. I bet Cornfed and ST are on the way already. Good luck with the rain.[p]Not sure about dogs on the Egg. I have to have 1 job for old gassey to still perform. [p]Tim
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Jo, Good show, and if I were closer I would demand a invite. :-)
    The dogs should do well cooked right along with the burgers. Till the skin splits on em or close to it.
    Have a great "Q"..you might have started a trend in New Hampshire..
    C~W

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Jo,
    Keeping us posted on the weekend festivities is one thing, but inviting us is quite another! (hint hint)
    Have I mentioned that I love New England?!!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Tim M,[p]My bags are packed and I'm on my way!!! I'll gladly cook some dogs and some burgers to die for if I can try some of the other stuff![p]Still never done Pulled Pork on the Egg,
    Cornfed