Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

tonight is the night!

tbone5446tbone5446 Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello all, I am a new member to the forum and hope to stick around for awhile.

Well tonight is going to be the maiden voyage for my BGE. I actually have an Imperial Kamado which I have resurrected with BGE parts and accessories.

I have dreamt for 5 nights of this evening and I hope to not disappoint. I decided that instead of "testing" the cooking parameters of my newly built egg that I was going to jump in feet first and just go for it. SO,what I decided was to smoke a Boston Butt first thing.
picked up an almost 11 pounder and applied a rub about an hour ago. made the rub yesterday as I couldn't resist getting started, so I have had it sealed and stored.
I am going to fire up the Egg for the first time around 10 or 11 tonight and get this bad boy started. Probably won't sleep for crap anyways, so I also grabbed a "couple" of beverages that are cooling in the fridge. from all the research I have done, I feel pretty confident that I will be having pulled pork for dinner tomorrow night.

And if I screw it up....well there is always take out!

Happy to be a part of this forum!

Comments