Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I am makin' bacon. What are you makin?

Always SmokinAlways Smokin Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
makin bacon here.
Fresh fresh bellies,mortons cure salt, kosher salt, brown sugar, lil bit of maple syrup, herbs de provence and bay leaves. six days in the fridge, then out of the bags and dry on racks in the fridge for 2 days. Last, smoke w some apple wood 150 for about 5 hours. freeze and slice on a good slicer.VERY TASTY BACON
IMG_6039.jpg
IMG_6041.jpg
What u makin this weekend?[
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Looks dang good!
    Any chance you could bring a sample to Plano? :whistle:
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Looks good! Let us know how it turns out!
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That looks very good. :) Going to have to try and make some bacon. I'm making a ham today.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • duchunterduchunter Posts: 110
    That is looking great! Funny I am eating the last of my bacon as I type this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol going to make another batch in a couple of weeks!!!

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

·
  • Bacon actually, well ham and bacon. Ham is smoking after curing all week. Bacon went into the cure this morning. Will smoke it next weekend. I smoke my bacon cold, around 80. Will have me jonesing for a good slicer again next weekend.

Doug
    ·
  • i am on my last too. im also lucky i can use a pro slicer from a deli across from my work. they let me use it!!!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Can't wait to see the finished bacon!
    ·
  • Finished Bacon pics:

here are the bellies dryed.First cured for 6 days the set on racks in the fridge for 3 days.IMG_6142.jpgNext smoked for 6 hours at about 150.
    IMG_6146.jpgThen frozen so they slice better on the slicer.
    IMG_6167.jpgCooked and mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
    IMG_6169.jpgLook at all the bacon.
    IMG_6166.jpgEnjoy have a great weekend.
    Making pizza on sunday what r u makin?
    ·
  • can u see the pics as posted today?
    ·