Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tonight is the night!

Options
tbone5446
tbone5446 Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello all, I am a new member to the forum and hope to stick around for awhile.

Well tonight is going to be the maiden voyage for my BGE. I actually have an Imperial Kamado which I have resurrected with BGE parts and accessories.

I have dreamt for 5 nights of this evening and I hope to not disappoint. I decided that instead of "testing" the cooking parameters of my newly built egg that I was going to jump in feet first and just go for it. SO,what I decided was to smoke a Boston Butt first thing.
picked up an almost 11 pounder and applied a rub about an hour ago. made the rub yesterday as I couldn't resist getting started, so I have had it sealed and stored.
I am going to fire up the Egg for the first time around 10 or 11 tonight and get this bad boy started. Probably won't sleep for crap anyways, so I also grabbed a "couple" of beverages that are cooling in the fridge. from all the research I have done, I feel pretty confident that I will be having pulled pork for dinner tomorrow night.

And if I screw it up....well there is always take out!

Happy to be a part of this forum!

Comments