Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers ala EggHatter...

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

With me being slightly disabled, EggHatter manned the small Egg tonight to do a few burgers...this is her first time to light an Egg, especially using a MAPP torch...so she was a little "concerned" at first...
S110510-01.jpg

didn't take long before the smile came out and she realized how much fun making fire could be...
S110510-02.jpg

She divided 2 pounds of ground beef into six burgers, two with DP Jamacain Firewalk, two with DP Raising the Steaks & two with DP RedEye Expresss...she already has the REE burgers off and the two with the slices of swiss are the JF and bare one plus the one with shredded Asiago is RtS...
S110510-04.jpg

Here is mine...with the Asiago, lettuce, mayo, my BBQ sauce, pepper rings & sliced little midget gherkins...
S110510-05.jpg

Her's with swiss, mustard, ketchup, dill slice, tomato, lettuce...
S110510-06.jpg

Not bad for her first attempt at cooking on the Egg...she done GOOD!...but then she has been doing FANTASTIC all week taking care of me...certainly going above & beyond the call of duty!

I was able to get out to the Eggs to "assist" as necessary, but she did fine. After a week I have definitely seen improvement, but still have a long way to go to be back to where I was before the surgery. We have a meeting tomorrow morning for one of our church related activities and will be out from about 8:15am to 2:00pm so that will be test of how I am doing...fully expect to be completely worn out, but with Kathy's help (and the pain meds) I'll do fine.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• The burgers look great! Hope you feel better soon!

Go Dawgs!
    Ryan
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Jay...this are great burgers mmmmmmmmmmm...now I know who's been doing all the cooking :laugh: Felicidades & really happy you are better
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Great meal for a pro to be. Jay I know the pain meds, for my hip replacement last Sept '09 they gave me hydrocodone and oxycodone. the only good they will do me is to sell them on the street for the $$$$$. but then Hungary Man will bust me. Get better soon.
  • Jay, you are a lucky man to be able to convalesce with Kathy cooking! The burgers look delcious! :) Hope you are steadily progressing.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Morning, Jay! :)

It's good you had a MAPP. Imagine if she had to use a weedburner!!!

Good lookin' burgers though. You may be out of a job! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I knew that nice girl of yours had it in her to cook stuff on the egg! Nice burgers they were, too! If only I had an invite - kidding ya, of course!

I hope you are doing much better, Jay.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hope you feel better soon Jay! -RP
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Looks like she has been doing this for quite some time. ;) Good looking burgers. Hope you feel better soon.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    She did great!!
    Godspeed on your recovery Jay!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jay,

Good to see you on the road to recovery! And being served egged food.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    all of those look great! also looks like you will have someone to like the egg at all times now, it looks like she had fun :):)