Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just got my first Penzeys Spices catolog

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
and I'm ordering "spice stuff" which I can't find locally and several jars in which to store it. Is there anything which anybody would suggest that "oh BTW you just gotta get "this" from them!"? I've got things needed for JJ's rub like powdered bay leafs clear on down to Cat's juniper berries (with my wife of 33 years says I CAN NOT harvest from our junipers out front!)...
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RRP,
    The cracked ginger sounded good. Should get mine soon.[p]The whole tellicherry peppercorns are a must (I just ordered more). The Morrocan Corriander Seeds are becoming a staple in my seasoning usage. I have heard great things about the chipotle powder, and I also ordered some cracked jalepenos. They have a roasted onion powder that sounds good (also coming to me soon).[p]Their stuff seems to be fresh, and high quality, so my spice cabinet is growing with Penzey's labels. Anything you need, you can't go wrong with ordering from them. (at least that is my experience so far).[p]Spices are the spice of life.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I know I should know this, but what's the url? I tried penzey.com and penzeys.com with no luck (maybe it's just my DSL connection which is acting a little strange tonight...).[p]All this spice talk lately makes me want to go shopping.[p]"Spices are the spice of life!" I'll have to remember that one...[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    CornfedA,
    Mornin. Still awake making different marinades for tomorrow. It IS penzeys.com. Not sure what their online catalog is nice, but you can get them to send a printed catalog.[p]Egg on!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Nature Boy, thanks for the input! I went back and reread the catolog's description on your suggestions and for all but one (personal taste issue) I greed and I upted my first order another $25 bucks! Hello, new taste treats!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.