Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just say "iffin"

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just say "iffin" a guy wanted to purchase a metal fire box grate where does he buy it? Also, does the use of one void the life time warranty?

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    one feral kat, Two answers that I know of..Nowhere and Not sure. BGW would have to answer the last one.
    1-800-939-EGGS
    If you are not in a hurry, a metal firebox is unneccessary.
    BGE has a preliminary test model of a ceramic donut incorporating Diamond Mesh Screen for the grate. [p]Cheers..C~W[p]

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    one feral kat,
    A while back a bunch of us purchased an iron trivet for use as a firebox grate. It works great as its many holes allow for greater airflow and thus, a quicker blaze and hotter fire. Tim M had posted a picture of it, and may have the link. I can't seem to locate the link, however. I haven't used the trivet in quite a while.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]I love my iron grate. Its made by Lodge so any place that sells Lodge cast iron products will normally have the trivett (8"). Or a guy could visit the link below. Its easier to just call and order it over the phone. Pick up a skillet too.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]UG White Hdw[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I have tried it and it works awesome! Now that Mr.Big is back at KennyG’s, I miss using that grate.
    RhumAndJerk

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, thanks for the appraisal.. I think a even better one is in the works..:-)
    C~W[p]