Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep Dish

Options
Deggman
Deggman Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally tried a deep dish pizza, came out great!
deepdish.jpg
Used Fresh&Easy pizza dough, homemade sauce, provolone, green bell pepper, onion, italian sausage, pepperoni, jalapenos, parmegan, mozzarella! So good!

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    looks good what temp?
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    looks like you used a CI skillet to cook it in?

Please post details - time, temp, how it was cooked (pizza stone or CI skillet, etc) so others may learn.

I do my pizzas at 400 for 15 minutes on a platesetter w/ cornmeal between the pizza & the platesetter. However, I've never done a deep dish one, so I don't know how much longer I'd have to leave a deep dish in for...

Anyway, pizza looks YUMMY!!! :P
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    i thought this thread was about dubfire and sharam.
  • Deggman
    Options
    I used a ci skillet very lightly oiled with veg oil. platesetter legs up, then the grid with the skillet on top of a pizza stone. I cooked at 425* for 25 minutes.

For my reglar pizzas I use the platesetter legs down with the stone on top of the grid. I cook at about 650* and I wipe the stone with a wet rag before putting each za on. Usually takes about 7 minutes a za. I get pretty good results with this method.
    CHEESE.jpg
    I use corn meal and flour on the peel.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    Sounds like a nice pie, good job!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Looks great. I'll have to try your setup for deep dish pizza. Thanks for posting.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks tasty!!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com