Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Sold Another Egg

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We asked the guy who is going to install our new glass shower enclosure to come late to measure for it. Then I took the liberty of firing up Lily Large to cook a couple of butts for my International Workforce Crew tomorrow and Shirly Small to cook up some ABT's to show him how good they are.

By the end of his visit he measured to 1/32" toleratences, ate a mess of ABT's, tried some Jalapeno/lime Frito Scoops with cream cheese and candied jalapeno slices that were slowly heated on the Egg, and heard the entire Chicken Ranch story. He learned enough about the Egg that he said no less than three times that he's buying an Egg.

It was Overtime for us but sometimes Eggheads just have to do what they have to do to sell an Egg.

Y'all will like him.

Spring "Unpaid Overtime To Sell An Egg Is Like Free Fun" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Great yob! How many more bodyparts and house projects you got to go for a sold out event?? LOL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Leyroy,

They owe you a bundle!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Roll Tide
    Options
    I've touted the big green egg to several folks. So far it seems my tally is standing at selling 2 primo's, a kamado joe, a bubba keg and a grill dome.... Fortunately the Chevy dealer is trying to get me a job at the local ford dealership.....
    It seems I need to go to the spring chicken school of selling.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Love it Leroy!! Way to keep pushing them!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha.... Body parts are quickly running out. House projects are quickly growing.

We are never 'sold out' at the Chicken Ranch. Just wait your turn LOL...

Spring "The Line Starts Here... No Here... No Here..." Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Yes they do, but to pay all who sold Eggs for them would bankrupt the company.

If just 'Cooking' on the Egg was the only fun experience, being an Egghead would be rather dull.

Spring "Egghead On A Mission" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You're looking at it all wrong... Some of those in your tally will eventually see the error or their ways and purchase an Egg.

I'm of the opinion that a wee bit of knowledge about a product mixed with a great deal of enthusiasm is sufficient to sell anything.

Spring "Enthusiasm Breeds Enthusiasm" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Just doing what you do well. What you say and do is in itself sales activity. Payment is the only remaining action.

Spring "The Buyer Is Sold On The Purchase Before Making The Purchase" Chicken
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Gee, Leroy, I'm gonna have to start a BGe 401K just on your sales record :laugh:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha, there are probably lots of 'silent' Eggheads out there who sell more Eggs than I do, but they don't go cluck'n their beaks every time like me.

In fact, you may be among them. It's easy to tell the 'silent' Egghead sales force: they smile a lot. You are an Egghead and you smile a lot, and you are definitely the 'silent' type.

Even so, a 401k sounds good.

Spring "Just Don't Know What I'm Gonna Do With All These Commission Checks" Chicken
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Great job LeRoy! Recruit another one! B)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    If I were the distributer you would have a supply of ready to go eggs on the ground.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Speaking of 'recruting,' the Egg is a great recruiting tool for college football players.

Coach says, "Young man, if you come with us you can have a go at the Egg whenever you want, or have a go at Miss Team Spirit whenever you want. What'll it be boy?"

"Duh!!!"

Oh wait, maybe I should use a different 'recruiting' example.

But you know what I mean.

Spring "Sign Here" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You mean like "Being Prepared," as in the Boy Scouts?

Then I would have to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverant.

At least most of the time.

Hummmmmmm! Might be a good plan for just about everybody.

Spring "Man Scout" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Way to go Leroy! ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Of course he has to actually go buy it but I armed him with my card, the name of the dealer closest and the suggestion to say, "Spring Chicken sent me."

He will be in good hands.

Spring "Making It Easy To Be An Egghead Or Egg Dealer" Chicken
  • Adult ADHD
    Options
    LOL. The Chevy dealer just knows that you are too good to be selling Goverment Motors products. A fine man like you deserves the association with FORD.
  • RogerT
    RogerT Posts: 53
    Options
    Atta boy SC, keep promoting those eggs. By chance, did you happen to be a Boy Scout or possibly an Eagle Scout?

Roger
    Father of 3 Eagle Scouts
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks... Yes, I was a Boy Scout. First Class. The troop disbanded before I could go any further.

I read every Boy's Life magazine through and through. Many of the skills and confidences I have today came from that early training.

I treasure every moment in the Boy Scouts. I wish every kid could experience it.

Spring "On My Honor ,,," Chicken