Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dammit,I missed it(Oct throwdown)

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I missed the previous posts,so I didn't plan for it.I did do some cooking this weekend though :) I cooked breakfast for 7 adults and 6 kids on Saturday morning during a cub scout camping trip.After cooking 4 batches of sausage(12 at a time),I cooked 2 dozen scrambled eggs(12 at a time),all on the mini :woohoo: Unfortunately,I didn't get any pics of the eggs,but here's the sausage cooking on the mini.Anyway,we had a great time,but these are the only food pics that I got :blush:

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162-1.jpg

It still amazes everyone that I can cook so much food on a mini egg :woohoo:

Comments

• Large Marge
    Options
    love the BGE use on cub scout trips! I've asked this before, but for trips like that are you happy with the mini or would a small be just as portable / better to feed the masses? Thanks! J
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Nice job Sparks.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Yeah, I hated that I had to miss it as well (down in St Simons for the game). Good job on the grub though. Thats quite a job on the mini.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Looks like you had a great setting!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Still a great cook! Feeding them troops on the mini rocks Doug!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Beats the devil out of the cold cereal I just had!! :laugh: Looks like a pretty place you were at.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Hey Joe,the mini does fine if you don't mind cooking in batches.I also cooked a bunch of bratwursts for dinner on Friday,12 pita pizzas for lunch on Saturday,and a spatchcock chicken for dinner(three more chickens on my buddies gasser).The small definitely gives you more options,and is basically just as easy to haul around.This was the first time bringing the mini camping,the last time I brought the medium and XL :ohmy: With the small,I could've done 2 pizzas at a time and more brats.If I still had my small,I would have brought it also.I know,I'm kinda just babbling,but you really can't go wrong either way.If you're gonna just get one,get the small ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Doug, Them sausage links look pretty darn good. You are a good dad. Are you the scout master? I was a boy scout when I was a youngster growing up in Milwaukee somewhere around 1970. I will never ever forget those days and times. I am sure you are laying on a very good impression on those young boys. Times they will never forget. Keep up the good work. Tim :)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Tim.While I am not the den leader,we all help out with the kids.One of the dads taught Carson how to ride a bike(no training wheels)while I taught his son how to fish with a baitcaster.This is something that they both have tried,but sometimes the kids try too hard and get frustrated.I think it's easier on them when someone else does the teaching :) Anyway,we always have a good time,and the kids talk about it for weeks :) Good times.......................
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Great job Sparky...that would be an entry in my book... :)
  • EgginDawg
    Options
    Looks like a great weekend there Sparks! I guess it's safe for you to travel a bit now, huh?