Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Throwdown entry

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
edited 5:45AM in EggHead Forum
Eggs Benedict

DSCF1229.jpg

DSCF1231.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• is that buckboard bacon?
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that looks alllllll....right!
    context is important :)
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,475
    looks really nice, needs a mimosa B)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Looks deeelicious but how do I know you made it this weekend??? We need proof of life you know.... :)
  • Guess I should have reset the date on the camera when I charged the battery huh?
    First snow yesterday.
    DSCF1206.jpg
    Didn't really do anything else to prove it
    DSCF1218.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• clearly that wasn't cooked on the egg nor was it cooked within the proper time parameters nor was it cooked by you. If I can think of any other manner in which you violated the rules & thwarted the spirit of this competition I will speak again, and until then, I smack thee
  • But Sarge, I spent all day on this in the snow honest!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DOW,

It's peameal bacon. Back bacon as we call it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    PS...tell Paula happy birthday... ;)
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    :laugh: Nice Job Steve :laugh:

Great minds :evil:
  • nice Steve
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks wonderful Steve!
  • Maybe best eggs benedict I've seen made on a grill
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    One of my favorites!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    this is great and all, but have you seen my pumpkin?

kidding.
    eggs benny is my favorite breakfast, so you already won just by doing it.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Thanks,

I can do a hollandaise sauce with my eyes closed but couldn't cut little triangle eyes in a pumpkin to save my life. Yours is art.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Maybe best eggs benedict I've seen made on a grill
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    What's with that weed on the plate?

The hollandaise is too thick (probably cold), the eggs are almost certainly overcooked, and {insert random demeaning Canada-centric xenophobic remark here}!
  • Can you give me your honest opinion please? I'm trying to grow my skills here. No need to protect my feelings...sniff

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Well, from the looks of things I would guess that the escoffier took forever to reduce and you had some trouble trying to get some colour on them like you would if you could have used your broiler.

But that's just a wild guess.
  • Tarragon, like you didn't know that already

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Man,

#3 son took the pics and I couldn't get him to wait. He made Bloody Caesars but the plate was gone before I could wrassle the camera out of his hands.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks good, did you EGG it? :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Yup,

Even the escoffier

DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1220.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON