Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waffles on BGE???

TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was gonna enter the breakfast throwdown but things aren't going to work out. Here are a few pictures of my test run of waffles on the small BGE. Maybe it will give some inspiration for those that do enter. If waffles have been done before I missed it. Mike

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That's cool Mike!!! You should have entered that!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • TNmike
    I had big plans with sides and stuff but have to go out of town tomorrow and just too much stuff to get done today. We did eat the waffles and they were good. :) Mike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I have been curious if there a CI waffle maker and now you answered my question.
    Waffles look very good!
    Thanks for posting.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Where did you get that waffle maker? I've seen the Lodge kind that is on a long handle but nothing like yours.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • TNmike
    There are many many old ci waffle irons. Some are highly collectible and can be expensive but there are also a lot old good 'user' waffle irons in the $30-$50 range. The one I used is from an unknown foundry but dates from sometime around the early 1900's. I collect these and had lots to choose from but this one fit just right in the small. These were made to use on the old wood burning cook stoves so are fine for using on the BGE. Mike
  • cookn biker
    It really is a nice piece for egging Mike!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • TNmike
    Chris, I collect these old waffle irons and I really don't remember just where I got this one at. Some of the round ones have wire coil handles that are held on by a threaded rod and could removed so would also work just fine on the BGE if it didn't fit. Mike
  • TNmike
    Molly, I've used these old ci waffle irons on the stove for years. Don't know why I hadn't used it on the BGE before. The breakfast throw down post got me off of my lazy rear and to just do it. It worked great just a little trial and error for times and temps. Mike
  • That's cool. I have make mine in the electric waffle maker, freeze them until I'm ready to cook 'em on the Egg. The turn out great though.

LonelyTexasWaffle.jpg

Wonder if I could find one shaped like Texas that I could put inside the Egg? Sure would be a neat toy.

Spring "Whiffle Waffle" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    Probably easier to find Colorado. :whistle::lol:;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • TNmike
    SC, I don't remember ever seeing one shaped like Texas but I'll keep you in mind if I ever come across one. ;) Mike
  • Colorado waffles are too tall.

Spring "Mile High Waffle" Chicken
  • I thought I found one but it was wrong side out and upside down, shrunk, and I think it had a tail. Oh wait, that was Florida.

Spring "Seeing Ain't Necessarily Believing" Chicken
  • cookn biker
    ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    We saw many great CI Waffle makers at the big Brimfield flee markets.
  • TNmike
    I've never made it to Brimfield, too far away, but have several friends that make it regularly and they say it is huge. Mike
  • This is cool. Where did you get your waffle iron? Got to have a couple of these to use on campouts.