Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

strange find in a bag of lump

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went outside this morning to fire up the egg & needed a new bag of lump. I keep my lump stash in the garage loft, & I use an extended paint roller as my ‘bag getter down’ tool – just work the end of the roller into the corner of the bag & jiggle it until the bag falls from the loft, then toss the stick & catch the bag before it hits the ground all in one fluid motion. See first photo:

006.jpg

When done correctly, it’s a thing of beauty. Now & then one gets away from me & either bonks me on the head or directly hits the floor, usually breaking open... Today’s bag hit the floor & when I looked down at it I noticed that it had in fact popped open. No biggie, but with a big hole in the middle of the bag, I’d have to transfer it into a lump storage bin, so I carefully lifted it up so not to make a mess & went outside & put it on the egg table. Got the bin, opened it up on the ground next to the table & proceeded to tear a larger hole in the bag for easy lump dumping. To my shock, I see a bottle of ammonia in the bag :ohmy: .

004.jpg

Thinking holy shi! I’ve seen some strange things in lump but this is f’d up beyond explanation. Nevertheless, I picked up the bag & turned it upside down to dump it into the bin & that’s when I see the bottom of the bottle sticking out of the other side of the bag, took me a couple of seconds to realize what had happened. I put it back on the table to get the picture. And yes, this actually escaped my attention in real time :huh: :

005.jpg

For those that recall the death battle for control of the hut I was engaged in over the summer with a swarm of cicada killers, it had completely escaped me that this left over bottle of ammonia was on the floor of the garage in the exact spot the bag of lump fell, & it had jammed itself all up in there so tightly that it didn’t fall out when I carried the bag out.

007.jpg

Is there a dumbass of the month pin someone can send me?

Comments