Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT..Quickie Italian beef sandwich

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 4:17PM in EggHead Forum
I made a couple loafs of Italian bread today and really didn't have any plans on how to use it. I decided to make Italian beef sandwiches.

IMG_1979.jpg

I went to the deli in my grocery store and bought a pound of thinly sliced roast beef. Then made RRP's au jus recipe from the prime rib recipe in Thirdeye's site. I added the beef to the broth.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/03/beef-standing-rib-roast-prime-rib.html

IMG_1982.jpg

Sliced up the bread, put a couple slices of provalone, piled on the beef, then added some giardiniera. Quick way to get a pretty good Italian beef sandwich. -RP

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=900289&catid=1

IMG_1984.jpg
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    DANGGIT BOT! You did GOOD! ;)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I think I now know whats for dinner tomorrow, thanks Randy ;)
    ·
  • excellent Randy! I do something similar - when I'm out of the egged roast I go to the deli counter and get thinly sliced roast beef, throw it in the pot and re-use the jus. My wife refuses (she doesn't like how it curls up) but I think it eats just fine. Beef and giardinera belong together - love the fries too- my Achilles heel...
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    When I have time do do it for real, I use your recipe, but this makes a quick substitute. -RP
    ·
  • by the way the bread looks fantastic - are you using a preferment or just active dry yeast? Baked on the egg?
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I use an instant yeast, these loafs were made in the oven, but could have just as easily been done in the Egg. -RP
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    It was PURTY! :)
    ·