Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

OT..Quickie Italian beef sandwich

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 4:21AM in EggHead Forum
I made a couple loafs of Italian bread today and really didn't have any plans on how to use it. I decided to make Italian beef sandwiches.

I went to the deli in my grocery store and bought a pound of thinly sliced roast beef. Then made RRP's au jus recipe from the prime rib recipe in Thirdeye's site. I added the beef to the broth.

Sliced up the bread, put a couple slices of provalone, piled on the beef, then added some giardiniera. Quick way to get a pretty good Italian beef sandwich. -RP

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    DANGGIT BOT! You did GOOD! ;)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I think I now know whats for dinner tomorrow, thanks Randy ;)
  • excellent Randy! I do something similar - when I'm out of the egged roast I go to the deli counter and get thinly sliced roast beef, throw it in the pot and re-use the jus. My wife refuses (she doesn't like how it curls up) but I think it eats just fine. Beef and giardinera belong together - love the fries too- my Achilles heel...
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    When I have time do do it for real, I use your recipe, but this makes a quick substitute. -RP
  • by the way the bread looks fantastic - are you using a preferment or just active dry yeast? Baked on the egg?
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I use an instant yeast, these loafs were made in the oven, but could have just as easily been done in the Egg. -RP
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    It was PURTY! :)