Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating a smoked turkey for an office lunch???

Options
Marine Cook
Marine Cook Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been asked to smoke a turkey for the Christmas lunch at the office. I think I need to take my large to the office and smoke it that morning before the party. Is it possible to cook it the night before and sucessfully reheat it the next day with good results? Do I need to carve it the night before? I need yalls help, what's the best way to deal with this?[p]Thanks in advance and Semper Fi,[p]MC

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Marine Cook, when I did mine at thanksgiving, what I didnt eat I vac sealed and put in the freezer. I broungt it out yeaterday and it was as fresh as it was the first day. The breast was just as moist

• Marine Cook, I think reheating it next day would be the way I would go, but it depends on what you got to re-heat it with, if there is an oven at work, I'd go ahead and slice and wrap too. Or you could just tell em that you need to be off that morning to do a good a really good job and all, and get up early cook and take it in still hot. Yea, that's "the" plan if you ask me.

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Chet,[p]I like the way you think. I'll just get up around 3:00 in the morning and crank up the large and go into the office late. Good plan thanks.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC