Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thighs-Scraped skin-Good results

Options
FatMike
FatMike Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took the skin off of the chicken and scraped all the fast from the skin
100_4808.jpg
On the egg after 30 min in a parkay butter bath and firmed up
100_4809.jpg
Amazing skin-nice bite through and some good ole fried taters
100_4810.jpg
Good eats

Comments

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Try butter next time instead of parkay. I think you will find better flavor.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    I tried parkay because of several teams I was visiting with at the Jack this past weekend did them this way. They swore off butter for parkay. 4th and 16th at the Jack, I had to try it
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hey Mike

The chicken looks great. I know some use Parkay because it is vegetable oil and has a higher burning temperature then butter. I have seen Johnny Trigg use it on his ribs when he foils them and have been playing with that technique. HERE is one of my posts using the Parkay similar to the way he does. I think the squeezable Parkay is 60% vegetable oil.

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Have you tried butter? Last years kcbs team ofmyear uses it so does amtwoctime Jack winner and hhe American royal invite runner up this year. I was ranked nationally in the top 20 in August in chicken using butter. Just saying. You should compare the two and see if you notice a difference. Parkay is one molecule from plastic so we don't use much excerpt on ribs.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hi Buster

I am a big fan of butter and will gladly try it. I am just learning baby back ribs and so far the Parkay has served me well. I am getting more comfortable with egging ribs and liking my results more and more. If you say butter is better I'm all for it. I normally would reach for the butter as I am of the camp that see's little or no health related difference. As for "Parkay is one molecule from plastic", I love the comparison but then, we live in a plastic society under a plastic government all payed for by . . . plastic! The stuff is hard to get away from. :lol:

Thanks for the tip/advice Buster, I will defiantly give it a try.

Blair