Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Surgery - Another BGE Sales Pitch

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,694
edited 9:05AM in EggHead Forum
Just got back from getting shot up with steroids in my back to hopefully stop a burning sensation in my foot. But before they knocked me out I pitched the Big Green Egg to two nurses and an anesthesiologist.

One of the nurses said she had a similiar cooker made of clay when she lived in California. Would love to have another one. The other nurse wants to look it up so I gave her my card. The anesthesiologist likes to eat but doesn't cook.

I'm just suppose to take it easy until the juice wears off so I think I'll practice taking naps.

Spring "Juiced Up, Shot Up And Now Laid Up" Chicken
Spring Texas USA
·

Comments

• deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    get well soon. enjoy the meds.

;o)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    You need a demo egg on wheels to take in to the hospital and give out tidbits :laugh:
    You also need an order pad and commission from an egg dealer :cheer:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Leroy:

Yesterday while waiting to go into the operating room I showed the two pre-op nurses a bunch of posts about the EGG...I would guess at least one of them will have one soon.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • You did good Grasshopper.

Two became enlightened of the Egg, but only one will become One with the Egg, and that one will enjoy life ten-thousand fold.

You called just as I was about to add my handle. Good talking to you. And best wishes for a fast recovery.

Spring "Eggs Sold By The One" Chicken
    ·
  • Leroy,
    Man, I sure hope you don't spring a leak in Plano :blink:
    Are you gonna hafta sit in Steve's chair and point to each of us as your plate empties and your R&C evaporates????
    I thought Judy retired to have some FUN with you :pinch:
    See ya B4U can have another surgery :evil:
    ·
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    I hope that shot works for you!!! Word of mouth is the best way to introduce folks to the Egg and sounds like you did a great job... Take care!!! :)
    ·
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Jay, I hope you are doing well after your surgery. It can't be pleasant, but I hope you won't be in pain anymore... My Aunt had this done and said recoup/pt wasn't much fun, but she is pain free now... Wishing you much luck!!! :)
    ·