Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp on a Pizza Screen

Ashman
Ashman Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to the genius that first cooked and shared the pics of shrimp between 2 screens. I thought the best part of cooking shrimp like this was being able to turn them all at one time (no overdone/underdone shrimp)

A little Olive Oil and BGE Green Pecan seasoning
003-2.jpg

All dressed up and ready to go
005-4.jpg

On the grill for 2 1/2 minutes per side
007.jpg

I would post a picture of the finished product, but the vultures attacked as soon as they came of the grill. :angry: They have no concern for the artistic value of the meal.

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    haha.. can't blame them...

grilled shrimp is best right off the grill..just barely cool enough to eat...
    context is important :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    :HOw do you flip them?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    It may not be clear in the picture, but there is a screen on the bottom and the top. I just grab both screens (pinching the shrimp in the middle of the 2 screens) and flip.
  • Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    First time I've ever been accused of being a "genius" -- better get the wife, quick. Looks great! Waz
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Good thinking!! I have a several pizza screens; picked them up at a resturaunt store for about $2 each.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    looks tasty - hard to beat shrimp on the egg

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Wazoo
    Wazoo Posts: 150
    Put the rig on the grill by sliding across the horizontal from the side tray to the raised grid.

101_0128.jpg

And use two pizza pans to flip the setup -- slide off the grill onto one pan using tongs, close them in the clamshell between two pizza pans, flip, and slide back across and on the grill using tongs again. Pretty simple.

101_0129.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice!! Looks great!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Lovenbrau
    Lovenbrau Posts: 307
    great idea! love the double screen technique and happy you did not loose a finger with the hungry crowd :laugh: