Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man Seeking Stuffed Mushroom Recipe BWO Ho Ho Ho

Options
BBQ Bob Trudnak
BBQ Bob Trudnak Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have NOT been drinking, just in a goofy mood! I am looking for a unique and wonderful stuffed mushroom recipe that will "WOW" my Christmas guests. I usually do a Crab and Asaigio stuffed mushroom which is amazing, but I need something New! [p]Bring it On![p]BBQ Bob Trudnak

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak, I haven't read this or tried it, but I have also been thinking about stuffed mushrooms (wife loves em). I thought a cilantro pesto with some anchovies might be a good stuffing. Can't remember the stuffing I used on the last ones I did , but do remember the method seemed to work really well which was to oil em all over and dust with dp or something and grill the side your gonna stuff first then stuff em and put em back on the grill to finish.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    how about the spawn's award winning portobello mushrooms stuffed with the sausage/bread/mushroom/parmesian mixture. . ..
    DSCN0368.jpg

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    We did a contest this summer where you had to serve side dishes with the meats. As part of the rib entry I did a side of stuffed white mushrooms. What was interesting was that I used thin slices of purple pearl onions inside the de-stemmed caps for a wee bit of crunch, that is kind of unexpected, but counters the relatively soft mushroom and cheese. For the cheese I found some blue cheese that was cubed and marinated in oil and spices. I just finished a jar so I don't have a brand name I can look up, but the oil is nicely infused with spices and berries like peppercorns, juniper berries, corriander etc. Check in a deli or grocery/cheese section of a large meat shop perhaps.
    Qfan

• Rumrunner
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak, been looking for my recipe and can't find it! However, it can be found on the back of Stouffer's Creamed Spinach in the frozen food section. It has the creamed spinach, bread dressing, Italian Sausage, Parmesan cheese, onions and...and...that's all I can remember, other than it's pretty good.

• Rumrunner
    Options
    Rumrunner, it's "spinach souffle", not creamed.

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Chet,
    Great stuff so far! I am going to be mak'in lots and lots o' shrooms!

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]I have made the creolized chicken breast recipe before in the oven in my pre-egg days. The stuffing would be great in a portobello.[p]John
    [ul][li]Creolized Stuffed Chicken Breast[/ul]
  • David from RI
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]How about postiing that crab and asaigo recipe.[p]DR
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    David from RI,[p]here it is my man!
    1 pound fresh mushrooms
    7 ounces lump crabmeat
    5 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup or 1 good hunk of Asaigio Cheese
    1/3 cup mayonnaise
    3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon paprika [p]Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let chill in fridge except parmesan and paprika [p]Remove core of mushrooms and chop finely and mix with chilling ingredients.[p]stuff mushrooms and sprinkle with parmesan and paprika. cook on egg indirect at 350° f for about 15 to 20 minutes.[p]

• Eggsellent
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yum! Where might I find this recipe? I looked in the 2004 fest and searched the site. Am I just missing it? [p]By the way - how did it go last night?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Eggsellent,[p]Spawn gave me a great idea when she started putting browned sausage on hers. I marinate shrooms in Wishbone Robust Italian drssing overnight but 60 minutes will work.[p]Cook shrooms gill side down, turn add browned sausage and your cheese of choice.[p]Max will have to fill you in on what esle Spawn does. These are so easy to make and always a hit.[p]CWM
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Well, I don't know if this recipe will WOW your guests more than your usual one, but this is the one I'm making next. [p]Smokin' Guns is a great husband-and-wife competition BBQ team who come up with all kinds of simple but award-winning recipes. Ritz crackers lend a buttery flavor to any recipe, so it's a brilliant substitution for bread crumbs. If you want to get fancier, use imported proscuitto instead of the pepperoni. But I'm making mine with pepperoni. :-)[p]Lee[p]Stuffed Mushrooms (Smokin’ Guns)[p]1 container large mushrooms
    1 small package diced pepperoni
    1/2 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 medium onion, chopped fine
    4 Tablespoon butter
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion salt[p]Wash mushrooms, separate caps from stems. Discard stems.
    Melt butter in skillet, add onions and saute until clear. Add pepperoni and saute for about 1-2 minutes.
    Mix bouillon cubs with about 1 c. water. When dissolved, add to onions and pepperoni (reserve about 1/2 c. of broth). Add Ritz cracker crumbs and spices. Mix well.
    Stuff caps with mixture. Put mushrooms in a baking pan. Pour in remaining broth. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.[p]

• David from RI
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    Thank You Sir

• hi Lee, i also use ritz cracker crumbs but as a topping mixed with butter. [p]for the stuffing i use mushroom stems chopped up, sausage meat (my homemade stuff) and minced onion cooked together, rice cooked in chicken stock, grated smoked provalone, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano. mix everything while hot then stuff the caps. spread the ritz mixture on top. cook at 350 until the ritz mix browns a bit[p]for the meat mix i have also used leftover chicken, bacon or cured loin. they all work well[p]reg

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    QSis,
    Thanks, Qsis, That sounds wonderful! I'll try it!