Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Competition Logo

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I'm gearing up for some fun with competition cooking next year, I just got done working with a friend on a logo.

I've now got a logo....but still don't have designated cooker(s) for it. :woohoo:

With the help of two fresh college grads, we came up with this. Any thoughts?
PyschedelicSmoke.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Looks an awful lot like zippy
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You're going into competition cooking ...but you dont know who's cooking...guess I totally missed something..
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Wess, no, you didn't miss a thing!! It's a "60's Thing" :lol:
  • WessB
    Options
    LMAO...totally understood..
  • Fornia
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    You're going into competition cooking ...but you dont know who's cooking...guess I totally missed something..

Yep, actually you did miss what I meant, but I can understand the confusion.

Cookers; ie. the device from which I'll cook the BBQ. An Egg being part of the equation hopefully.
  • WessB
    Options
    Gotcha...best of luck...considered it myself last year but realized the work and commitment was more than I was ready to devote...sincerely do wish you the best of success..
  • Fornia
    Options
    I appreciate it! We'll likely hit the more 'local to us' events, practice, practice more...and then maybe venture out a bit farther in 2012...if all things align right of course.

Planning to take the cert. judge class in April, to have a better understanding of how things work. Till then it's been and gonna be, books, forums, websites, YouTube, podcasts....
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    All those colors are going to make for an expensive silk screen.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    HA!,let's burn one,you and me!!! Lump that is!!! :woohoo: B) Good LUCK!!! :)
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    I am with Buster Dog...That is going to cost a mint to print with all those colors! Not a problem with the name or concept, but down the road...ouch! And I mean NO disrespect, but since you asked, I would like to see a Pig that is a bit less intimidating or less "mad cow" looking...something more user friendly so to speak, but that is JMO. Keep it simple, and easily recognizable is my advice. Just giving you the best business feedback I can in this venue. No offense intended in the least. ;) Honestly, I wasn't trying to be rude...just being honest and looking ahead.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    After seeing the different teams at "The Jack" this weekend, I would say you are right on point with your name and design. I love it. There was some great team names there like "Habitual Smokers" "Smokin Hot Girlfriends" "Little Pig Town" and so many more. I would buy a t shirt...Good luck and good BBq to you
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Are you from California? It may become legal there soon. :woohoo:
  • Fornia
    Options
    Shouldve mentioned I've already looked into things such as print applications. I work in the print business myself, and have a family member who specifically works in sign/vinyl.

Printing multiple colors....is the very last of my worries!

As far as the pig itself....while it may be intimidating(?), I think it falls 'well' in line with what you'd see at a comp. Anyone can have a cookie-cutter, right?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jason, I absolutly love it!!
    I'm very excited for you!! Hope you swing through Colorado on your ventures!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    if color isn't a concern, i'd consider more of it.. hahaha

i could see spiral eyes of color, and the smoke could be color too. i mean, psychedelic is psychedelic, right? you could barely read the Kelley and Mouse grateful dead posters, but that wasn't the point. :laugh:

i say take it further, but stay focused on the psychedelia.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    If you are asking, the only down part is the teeth to me. For some reason they take away from the logo to me.
    Other than that it is very cool.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Looks like I need to buy some of that "Funny" lump in the blue bag from Fred! :woohoo: