Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Keeping the Pizza Right

fishinjdbfishinjdb Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that I have got the pizza/dough/cook finally figured out. Last nights pies were great. One thing left that is bothering me:

What is a good way to keep the first pie (without eating it) warm and "right" while I prepare and cook the second? I am looking for exact directions. I have tried sticking it in the oven for a while with less than desireable results.
·

Comments

• The best you can do is to slow down the cooling process without letting the cheese dry out (in the oven) or the crust to steam up (in a cooler). You could ask your local pizzeria for a couple of boxes, or just buy one and try to keep it intact. The cardboard box is perfect for keeping the pizza warm for a short time. Another idea: have a heated stone sitting on your cutting block to keep it warm.

These are just ideas. I've never had this problem. We eat 'em as we make 'em and/or just keep eating the room temp pizzas as the new ones come out.
    ·
  • Exact directions?....get a second egg!!! B) I'll cook one on the med and xl at the same time.

But, seriously (o.k. I was somewhat serious though) when we have a pizza party, everyone starts digging in as soon as the first one comes off. We can't wait for a second one to cook! :)
    ·
  • I will try the box, we may have to adjust our habits - i.e. eat 'em as they are done!
    ·
  • The second egg is in the plans, just not quite yet.
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,310
    fishingdb, you can remove the finished pizza about one minute before you normally would if you were eating it right away. Keep it elevated on a pizza screen so that the bottom doesn't steam. Then, when ready to eat, pop it back on the egg for another minute or so to re-heat & you're ready to go. You can have a pile of these things stacked up on screens all ready for a quick blast; I've done this before with pretty good results
    ·
  • Thanks Zippylip! It is odd that I think beer tastes good too, come to think of it - it makes me feel good as also.
    ·