Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy Question, But......

Options
Twilleygirl
Twilleygirl Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's going on in May and where is it? A cooking event I suppose? :)

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    twilleygirl,
    May 5 is going to be Eggfest 2005 in Waldorf, Maryland. It is hosted by Dale, known as DAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAYOOOOOOR. I think I spelled it right, lol! Dale runs Seasonal Distributors and is a BGE distributor. Friday night, if you want, you can ride the bus down to Captain Billy's Crab House with the gang, and then Saturday is the Eggfest. It's a great event![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Twilleygirl
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Oh Man! That's awesome. We have tried to go to Eggtoberfest for the last 2 years and each year something happens and we ended up not getting to go. Last year we got as close as 2 weeks out and had to cancel. [p]This would be great. Someone will have to convence me to let Haywyre take the egg out. I'm afraid it will break if we transport it anywhere!! [p]How sturdy are these things anyway???
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    twilleygirl,
    You can see many pictures from the fest on my website....And you dont need to bring any Eggs, the event provides them as "Demo`s" which are all pre-sold and taken away after the event. There are always personal eggs to handle the After party cooking...It`s a friggin blast.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    photo16.html
    <p />twilleygirl,
    It is a fantastic time of the year to visit the DC area, and it is an amazing event. Great blues music (our own BluesnBBQ), and amazing company. You can cook if you want, but don't have too. You can cook a little, you can cook a lot. What you WILL do is meet some of the coolest people you have met in your life, and enjoy some serious food and fun. Check out Wess B's or QBabe's site for some great pictures of the fun. (Sorry, I don't have the internet addresses handy for those sites).[p]Come on out!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Twilleygirl
    Options
    WessB,[p]Stump Baby??? Does this "thing" travel to all the events? Is it an award or just for lookin at?[p]Twilleygirl
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    twilleygirl,
    A ......very unique...LOL poster here on the forum uses the handle "StumpBaby" he hasn`t been around much lately due to some back issues...He is by far one of a kind, and a blast to be around. He made that thing and brought it one year, it ended getting used for many different situations throughout the weekend. You should see various pictures of him in the different fest sections of my site...[p]Wess

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    May 5th?? According to my calendar that is a Thursday. Are you sure it is not on the 7th?[p]~nikki