Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini -- ??? must have items

Options
TnVolKen
TnVolKen Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mini egg. What at the must have accessories.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Ceramic grill stores woo rig is nice to have. Also the small stones on Amazon I heard are great but haven't got around to ordering them.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If it didn't come with one, the new design hinge. Thing is AWESOME!!!

4953808251_402f96f613_b.jpg

Also, a Rutland gasket. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• TnVolKen
    Options
    Do have the new hinge. It is great.
  • TnVolKen
    Options
    FlaPoolman wrote:
    Ceramic grill stores woo rig is nice to have. Also the small stones on Amazon I heard are great but haven't got around to ordering them.

Ordered the 8.5 inch stones today. Do you have any pictures of the woo in use. Thanks for he reply
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    sure

gator sausage,,, thanks to Jupiter Jim

100_4263.jpg

hot dogs

100_4280.jpg

stone crab claws

100_4282.jpg

I need to break down and order the stones to take advantage of all the things you can do on the mini.
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Lodge makes a 5 pc corn stick pan that fits the mini. Must be baked indirect or else you'll fry the cornbread.
  • PattyO
    Options
    What is different about the new hinge? The mini I got 6/10 has the old one and it is difficult for me to keep the lid open. I used WD40 on the hinges and there is no difference. Is this better?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Patty, Yes it is better. The old one you have to have have a hand to pull the arm towards you for it to stay open. The new one you do not.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • PattyO
    Options
    Thanks. I thought it was just me having trouble. I'll check the price and ask my dealer if they can install it for me.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Patty, it's $59.95.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I use the mini woo from Ceramic Grill store & the 8.5" pizza stones from Amazon. I also bought an 8 or 9" CI skillet from Lodge. I cut the handle off. It works great for cooking lots of things on the mini.

We cooked 17?? pizzas on the mini at the Ocala Eggfest 2 years ago. The pics are in the archives somewhere. Enjoy... :)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    nice gasket. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut